Lower Ball Joint Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm replacing my lower ball joints. I've been trying to get the ball joint out for going on 3 days. It's not coming out straight no matter what I do. It doesn't seem to be moving any further. Has anyone had this problem?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You removed the C-clip right ? You usually have to press them out anyway. Can't just beat them out. It's not a bad idea just to buy the complete lower A-arm, that way you get new bushings as well as a new ball joint already installed.

True. By the time you need ball joints, time for bushings also. Your labor time has to mean something to you, ask your better half.

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its a first gen then beat it as hard as you can with a ball pein hammer. Just make sure to it the ball joint every time. And i mean as hard as you can.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score

larkja

Reaction score
Brought in to a shop to do upper and lower ball joints on my 1st gen. Ended up purchasing the complete control arm instead.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni