lower rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expy01

Reaction score
I have a 2001 XLT (5.4) and it’s in great condition but the rear drivers side is sagging. At one point it felt like I was completely driving on two wheels. I’ve taken it to the mechanic and he says it’s the motherboard and the sensor is messed up. It gradually goes lower I asked for him to make it stable as I was off to college and it was leveled but then once again dropped. Ive taken it to him three times now, after the last time it dropped he showed me how to “fix it” the rear side raises but it isn’t completely level, recently it has somewhat fixed itself not completely sagging but still right side is higher. I asked if I could lower it or raise it with stands and he said no due to it being 2wd. Honestly this is my dream car and I don’t want to give it up but I’m very frustrated with this problem, ANY INPUT HELPS!!! can I raise it ? Can I lower it ? What are my options ?

Attachments

• 3E89DB7A-7B40-4B9E-BF90-7C4237FEDAAA.jpeg
    3E89DB7A-7B40-4B9E-BF90-7C4237FEDAAA.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 4

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2001 XLT (5.4) and it’s in great condition but the rear drivers side is sagging. At one point it felt like I was completely driving on two wheels. I’ve taken it to the mechanic and he says it’s the motherboard and the sensor is messed up. It gradually goes lower I asked for him to make it stable as I was off to college and it was leveled but then once again dropped. Ive taken it to him three times now, after the last time it dropped he showed me how to “fix it” the rear side raises but it isn’t completely level, recently it has somewhat fixed itself not completely sagging but still right side is higher. I asked if I could lower it or raise it with stands and he said no due to it being 2wd. Honestly this is my dream car and I don’t want to give it up but I’m very frustrated with this problem, ANY INPUT HELPS!!! can I raise it ? Can I lower it ? What are my options ?
I think a shock could be bad. Take it to a dealer who are literally certified in your vehicles and tell them what's been happening and ask them what's wrong. Some dealers do free diagnostics. Call around.