Lowering and Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No_Expedition

Reaction score
I have a 2010 expedition limited. I would like to lower it but I am having trouble finding a lowering kit.

Do you all have any suggestions along with what shocks to go with it?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's cause it's a truck, you're supposed to RAISE it

The station wagon is called a Ford Flex

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't make readily available kits for us... they did for 1st gen but nothing after that... you'd have to get custom made

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk to coilsprings.com and the can custom springs to lower the truck...I lowered 2.5 inches all around... loved the look... swapped out cuz I added sound system needed springs to hold the weight and good another set from them but raised truck back to ride height... thinking of lifting it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Highjaxx

Reaction score
You will need to contact Air-Bag-It directly. They didn’t have the lowering kits for our trucks online. I called and spoke with them to order mine. Was about $700 at the time for all 4 struts/springs.

They have 2” and 3” options.

Ricanracer140

Reaction score
Look on eBay. I purchased lowering struts. Basically replacement struts with modified spring perch lower on the strut body. I’m running the 3 inch drop. When new they were great but since they use a Monroe type replacement fronts are a bit weak now. They’re advertised as lifetime warranty so I’m in the process of replacing the front hopefully with a better strut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
E0215452-0E27-48D2-A95A-4D455BB76201.jpeg Any new information for someone like me wanting to lower an 08 Expedition 2wd? I’ve wanted an Expedition ever since Ford came out with the 1st Gen.
But because of my disability and severe pain, I was looking at Freestyle or even (gasp) a minivan. I found this 08 King Ranch with all the accessories I needed to make life functional like power lift gate, power fold, heated seats, smooth ride, and can transport the mobility cycle. I couldn’t resist getting it.

It’s a little high and painful to get up into and out of the front seats, plus the load floor is a little high too. A stiff ride is painful for me, so I’m leaning toward drop spindles instead of lowering springs/struts. I know nothing about lowering an Expedition independent rear suspension though. All I can find searching the internet is leaf spring shackles or the shorter coil overs. The previous owner has swapped out the rear air shocks for coils. He said he didn’t like the air leveling rear, but my guess is the system leaked and this was the cheaper permanent fix. My idea is to lower and delete running boards. The passenger side board is busted on the outer edge anyway plus I’ve had other vehicles with running boards and if I try to weight bare on them I usually get my feet tangled up.

Not slammed, just lowered enough I feel like I’m in control of the exit instead of a sketchy free fall, lol.

Dream scenario would be air ride on remote key fob or lowers when ignition is turned off for entry/exit and closer to stock ride height going down the road. But not likely affordable for me. So I’m happy with an easier entry/exit-comfortable ride compromise.

Recommendations?

Last edited:

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No one has aftermarket adjustable air suspension on all four corners?
Or advice on 3-5” lowering suspension components?
08 2WD stock 18” rims.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you'll have a bit of a time finding someone here that has done an aggressive drop. Most people want to lift these things, not lower them, its counter intuitive to most large suv platforms. If your goal is a 5" drop I'm guessing you're going the air bag route and it will be custom and pricey.

I understand why you want to do it makes perfect sense for your use case but you're in the .01% that's trying to do this. Perhaps reach out to local shop for advice. They may not have an ideal solution that's affordable but could give you an idea what is possible based on the available budget.