LSD for 2015 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parkspremier

Reaction score
hello, has anyone added a limited slip rear diff to their expedition? Searching for them for a 2015 expedition does not bring up many correct options. Are the expedition rear end the same as the F-150? As in is it a 9.75” with 34 spline axles? Thanks

OP
OP
Parkspremier

Parkspremier

Reaction score
Your best bet is likely to pull a LSD from a junkyard.
I have looked and could get a complete 3rd member with the lsd on LKQonline for around $500 so may try that one of these days

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recall reading that the ecoboost EL 4x4 had mechanical LSD standard but just looked at my 17 window sticker and don't see it listed. Even with an open differential in the rear, the traction system will use the ABS as a quasi limited slip in front and rear, which supposedly is better than a mechanical LSD for all but the most die hard off road conditions. But let's be honest, what kind of extreme off road conditions did Ford imagine a long wheel base 6400 pound expedition would see in its typical lifetime operation?

There is a YouTube video of an F150 without e-lsd doing a burnout with one wheel on pavement and the other on dirt, and both wheels were pulling. It was a demonstration of the abs simulated LSD.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK