Mach Stereo information correction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well about 2 months back, we had a member that was asking a question about what radio combination was in the 99-01 Expedition Mach stereo setup. I thought I handed out correct info, as I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer, and was going by what other members stated. Well I was close, but way off. First off I thought the head unit in the dash was a preamp only, that used a separate amplifier mounted below it in the dash. Well that's not true the am/fm cassette unit actually has a built in amp, around 20 watts per channel. It does use a separate amplifier to power the 8 inch subwoofer in the passenger right rear area, where the jack resides. That small amp is mounted near the sub housing. Also I stated that the speakers in all 4 doors were 6x8 inch size. Again not true. The rear four do use the 6x8 inch size, but the fronts actually use a 5 1/4 mid woofer, with a small tweeter mounted near it on the 6x8 inch plate. The CD changer mounts in the console and wires into the head unit. Not bad for a factory unit, but a efficient replacement pair of front door speaker separates with at least a 91 db or higher rating would work better. In my wiring book this system is referred to as super sound. Hopes that helps anyone wanting to work with the OEM stuff.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk