Mag-Charger flashlight mounting spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Norrell

Reaction score
Asking for ideas for spots and the cleanest method of mounting a Mag-Charger flashlight in a 2nd Gen Expedition (2006 Eddie Bauer 4WD). A mount that can be removed would be preferable. Give me some ideas, folks and let me see your mounts.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does the charger/holder look like? What are the dimensions? Never seen a Mag-charger...or heard of one for that matter. Are you wanting this within quick reach or just stashed somewhere in the vehicle?

When I moved to led the compact lights have done the job for me. I have one that is about the dimater of a quarter and 5" or so long. 1000 lumens max and has multiple modes down to just a few dozen lumens if I recall. Rechargeable and uses 18650 which are everywhere when it goes bad or can swap out w a pair of CR2 lithiums. Motorola makes it.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have several power port spots to run power off of in the Expy. The police Expy's I've seen with them installed put the mount there on the passenger side of the console, head pointed down, and run support power from the power port that's over on that side already.

ML150LRX-APC_0606A-PNG_1800x1800.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mike Norrell

Reaction score
I have several of the smaller rechargeable flashlights, but have opted to use the mag-charger as pictured in Hamfisted's post. I thought about mounting it on the side of the console, but if mounted on the driver's side, it MIGHT be in the way and get kicked (or maybe not). If mounted on the passenger's side, it's a LITTLE difficult to access and it MIGHT be in my wife's way (not good). I'm considering mounting it on the top edge of the console just under the radio and climate controls. It's totally out of the way there and is completely accessible too. It doesn't block anything and can be wired in directly to a power source and not take up a power port. I took the upper part of the console out and it looks like adding a piece of one inch by one eighth or quarter inch bar stock 12 inches long(+/-) would be needed to reinforce here since it's nothing but molded plastic and the weight and manipulation of the flashlight and charging cradle coupled with vibration could break this piece. I'll post pictures of the install when I get it done. It looked good just doing a test fit.