Major fluid leak from right rear passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbbco

Reaction score
8558F4D8-A440-49FC-AB8B-FE7E7CE2D7A4.jpeg We just finished a 400 mile road trip to a camping spot, pulled in, and found fluid splattered all over the camper we were towing, and a lots of fluid under the right rear passenger side. Here is a picture. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? Closest mechanic is 20 miles away, and won’t be open until tomorrow. No warning lights yet, but I don’t want to drive it and cause more damage.

The picture is taken from the front towards the back of the caar.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year? Generally the 2007-2014 models don’t have any common leakage issues but there is a T connector that has been known to leak with age. 2015-17 have the same T that can spring a leak too but they also have common enough leaks on the turbo coolant lines as well. I’d inspect the heater hose T on top passenger side of engine as well as all coolant lines. Obviously check your radiator, sounds like coolant with the amount.

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Able to determine what type of fluid based on feel, smell, color from off the frame or camper where it didn’t get heated up from the exhaust?

Any chance it’s major condensate from the rear AC union that dropped off car body and then blew back on trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It should be cool by now. Check all your fluids. Get a white paper towel, take swipe of the fluid and post a photo of it. And a close up photo of the camper with the fluid spatter. If there is no fluid fwd of the axle its probably a busted shock on that corner.

Plati

Reaction score
check brake fluid reservoir and see if low

kyleaaronburkett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It should be cool by now. Check all your fluids. Get a white paper towel, take swipe of the fluid and post a photo of it. And a close up photo of the camper with the fluid spatter. If there is no fluid fwd of the axle its probably a busted shock on that corner.
Then I wonder, is there (or would there be) any noticable sag on one side?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting it’s toward the back, I didn’t notice that part. What color is the fluid.