Max Tire Size w/No Level Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am getting conflicting information from various dealers here.

Can you put on Toyo Open Country 33/12.50R22 on the Expy without needing to level for the front (or any 33x12.50 for that matter)?

Adam Huskins

Reaction score
I had 33x11.5s on mine and didn’t have to cut anything. This was with +18 offsets. I did have it leveled though as I’ve said before. From my experience the level wouldn’t be the issue. The 12.5s might necessitate some trimming of the front inner fender liner and possibly shortening the running boards, especially if you are going to keep the stock wheels. I now have 35x12.5s and I did have to trim both. That is rather easy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just had a guy tell me the toyo 33/12.50/22 fits, yet I’ve never seen it.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Im guessing you're using the stock rims? I would guess that you're going to have rubbing issues with that wide of a tire. If you could find a tire thats closer to a 285 or 295 wide, you would most likely get away with that. Pretty sure Toyo has a 30 day return policy. If they don't fit, return them for a different size. And make sure you post a picture!

EngRWW33

Reaction score
I know this is an almost 2 year bump, but I intend to build upon the already discussed topic.

I'm looking at Kenda Klever RT in a 33x12.5R22 for my wifes Max Platinum. I am wondering if there is any real world experience with the move from the stock 11.2" width to a 12.5" width plus the ~1" bump in diameter. It is worth nothing that I do not intend to lift (especially not with spacers) in the near future. Some day when the stock suspension decides to give up, I'll investigate a suspension upgrade.

I drive a GX470 (2" 6112front, Icon RR rear, 33's, sliders, etc.) which we use for anything more than dirt forest roads. Roads and trails here can be tight and pinstripes would not be acceptable in the Expy... yet.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat of needing new tires. From what I have heard and seen, you can’t really go any wider with the stock 22’s as they will rub on the front of the UCA at full lock. I can fit my thumb in between it and the tire but it’s not much room. I’d like to run a 305/45/22, but not sure if it’s worth it.

Right now I’m trying to decide between the Toyo AT3’s, Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s in either stock size or the 305’s, or saving some money and going with the stock size Continental Terraincontact AT as they are $100 a tire cheaper.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did I put 33x12.50r20 on stock wheels and stock suspension

How did they fit?

You have any pics?

Especially showing the front at full lock?

I’m either considering 33x12.5R20 or R22s.

If I keep stock rims, they will be the 22s. If I change rims, I will go to 20s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Love em no rubbing no scrubbing and no trimming. Run with the 20's in my opinion they ride better then the 22 with 33's more tire. I pull a toy hauler and an enclosed trailer and I had to change rims and tires. Didnt handle to well in my opinion

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE