Maxpeedings coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok guys. What's your take or thoughts or experience with the maxpeedings coil overs? Have any of you used them? If so do you like them? How do they feel while driving?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chinese coilovers. But they're fairly new to the SUV arena with their suspension kits. Have heard good reviews on the rice burners with them but none on the domestic trucks or SUV's yet. Looks like a good low price option. Hopefully better than the usual Chinese crap out there.

OP
OP
BrandonZ55

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well so far they suck.... Extremely stiff up front. I mean I feel like I'm back in my lowrider's with cut front coil springs. I mean this sucks... I've tried adjusting the preload and stuff and none of it seems to help. I didn't know if anyone else has used them yet to see if they are having the same issue...

OP
OP
BrandonZ55

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without adjustable dampers. So I emailed the company I got them from thru Amazon and they were going to send me replacements with adjustable dampers but they cannot find them now

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was considering buying these hoping for better ride quality and the adjustable height. I noticed the spring rates listed on their website are much lower than those listed on Amazon.

OP
OP
BrandonZ55

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well so far my ride quality absolutely sucks. It doesn't matter how much I try to adjust the spring preload....

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That brand is known to have pretty poor ride characteristics, forums and reddit are full of people complaining. The most common complaints I've seen are extremely stiff/harsh ride and poor longevity. Suspension is one of those get what you pay for categories in most instances. The other side of it is most aftermarket coilovers are designed for "performance handling" which usually means very stiff because apparently a suspension that doesn't move is better... never figured that out. Its hard to find a good handling setup without spending a decent chunk unfortunately.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was interested in them because they look like they allow for more travel than any other affordable struts. Icon/Fox/King are what I would really like but way out of the budget. I noticed on my Monroe front struts there's only 3/4 of shock rod showing before the bump stop, so almost no suspension travel. I was never happy with how this truck rides and I've had 4 different brands of struts.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the KYB assemblies all the way around right now. I would say the best ride performance I've had was the Bilstein HD's with stock springs. The KYB's are Ok, but a very "truck" like ride on the highway and over bumps. They can be a bit jarring if you compare them to the stock Motorcraft struts and spring assemblies. It handles turns better and road stability is great. Just a little stiffer ride than stock. Unfortunately I don't have the stock springs anymore since I gave 'em to a neighborhood kid that needed them. I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna keep the Expy anyway. It's given me great service, so I can't complain that's for sure. But I'm in the market for a new pickup truck, so we'll see.