Mechanical Load-leveling rear suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlanka

Reaction score
I'm ordering a 2017 EL Platinum. Mechanical Load-leveling rear suspension is listed as an option on the website (I'm surprised it's not included with the HD towing package, you would think that's a necessity). The dealer can't seem to find it on his ordering app, thinks it might not be available on the platinum model, maybe only King Ranch.

Does anyone have this option? Is it a necessity for towing a 7K lb. trailer? If so, any ideas why it wouldn't be offered on a platinum?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

OP
OP
J

jlanka

Reaction score
I called the mothership. The reason it's not an available option on the Platinum is due to the 22" wheels. So at least now I know why, and can live with that. Gonna pull the trigger on the Platinum EL.

OP
OP
J

jlanka

Reaction score
Actually, looking at the difference between King Ranch and Platinum, I'm thinking of going King Ranch so I can the the leveling system. What do I really need 22 inch wheels for?

brick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
image.jpeg On my new 2016 Limited, when you get the 22inch rims you get adjustable suspension. Not self leveling, but three driver selectable modes - comfort, normal and sport. I leave mine in "sport mode". I tow a 6000 lb boat ( no WD hitch) and there is no rear-end sag.

PkgingGuy

Reaction score
I'm ordering a 2017 EL Platinum. Mechanical Load-leveling rear suspension is listed as an option on the website (I'm surprised it's not included with the HD towing package, you would think that's a necessity). The dealer can't seem to find it on his ordering app, thinks it might not be available on the platinum model, maybe only King Ranch.

Does anyone have this option? Is it a necessity for towing a 7K lb. trailer? If so, any ideas why it wouldn't be offered on a platinum?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I have a 2011 EL Limited Platinum that ive owned for just over a year with Mechanical Load-leveling rear suspension. I pull a ~6500lbs ToyHauler with a Equalizer WD hitch. When I hook up, it squats a fair amount.... ive never measured, but probably 6". If i didn't have the Auto Level, I would definitely get a air lift bag suspension kit. I love the Auto Level system!

OP
OP
J

jlanka

Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up ordering the King Ranch with 20" wheels and load-leveling suspension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze