Mice inside my 2015 Limited EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

david_jr

Reaction score
A few years ago we had a "mouse infestation" in our year old Toyota RAV4. The critters got in through the HVAC in the dash and worked their way up into the headliner. Over 10K in damage which fortunately my insurance covered the cost. A little research showed that peppermint oil repels them. After we got the car back we put cotton balls with a few drops of peppermint oil around inside the car and never had another infestation. Smelled good too.

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I keep moth balls under the hood to keep them out of the engine compartment. Don't know if that would be enough to keep them out of the cab. I get one of the plastic hanging ones with the two large tablets. I hang it on the air conditioner line.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had the truck in for a 4 hour professional interior detail today. Carpets shampooed every single interior surface wiped down and vacuumed . $200 later and truck looks and smells brand new. Keeping a trap set on the floor in the third row for another couple of weeks. We think I may have actually introduced the mouse in my checked luggage from the airport. Time will tell.
a42a7436288af1dd0c6b884f2c6d3640.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet. Can't wait to get my truck in for detailing. Unfortunately we can and do get snow in April so looking at doing this early May.

JimmyC

Reaction score
Yep, they can get in almost anywhere and doesn't have to be a vehicle in storage, they are prolific foragers.
Set out traps and kill those pesky rodents

old codger

Reaction score
Just in case you find out where they are coming in the car put steel wool in the hole or any holes you find. The mice won't come through.They usually chew around an opening to enlarge it. They don't like the steel wool. Used it on a trailer and it kept all the mice out.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m hoping I introduced him in my several pieces of checked luggage at the airport...still have traps set just in case tho. Thanks for the props on the truck. My absolute fav. color too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro