Mice inside my 2015 Limited EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I fixed the problem. Haven’t had a mouse now in 4 nights. That’s a record. I’m leaving a small cookie on the center console every night as well as a baited trap and nothing. Went from catching 6 mice to catching nothing as of the day I installed the wire mesh. I think I’m good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nice! There isn’t much worse than unwanted freeloading guests/pests! You got lucky and got rid of them before they caused too much mayhem on everything

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I fixed the problem. Haven’t had a mouse now in 4 nights. That’s a record. I’m leaving a small cookie on the center console every night as well as a baited trap and nothing. Went from catching 6 mice to catching nothing as of the day I installed the wire mesh. I think I’m good.

Under the taillights???

How the F did they get up in there???

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Under the taillights???

How the F did they get up in there???

There’s a large space if they crawl behind the rear bumper cover, they can just make their way up and behind the tail lights and right into that opening. Going on 5 or 6 nights now with zero mice caught inside the truck and no evidence either and a cookie sitting on the Center console hasn’t been touched.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's too bad you couldn't have put it on the other side or formed it around and over so you could keep the rubber flaps. They are designed to keep the vehicle from sucking in exhaust when the cabin is under negative pressure.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d be very careful replacing those vents. They aren’t just for dust and debris, but to keep exhaust fumes from entering the cabin.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually I thought of this too. I’m going to try to do just that...try to mod the vents from behind so there is screening behind them and the flaps stay in place. It’s designed that way for a reason. Good points guys. Don’t want to be sucking in CO with my two little girls back there. Sheesh.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2A8BB838-7173-4A6B-A87F-0B2D93E2294A.jpeg 13D88260-846F-4ED4-979C-265034508E27.jpeg I now have felt the pain of mice /rodents in the Expy. I found a nest under the engine cover. I cleaned it up and installed some dryer sheets under the cover insulation. Those little bastards!

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can’t find that rag rug/mop looking material anywhere around my garage, and zero signs of droppings anywhere. I’m starting to think the critters invaded while it was at the dealership for a week waiting and getting the differential work. One more reason to stay away from the dealers.