Michelin Premier LTX DT vs Defender LTX M/S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I decided to go with a very quiet ride and chose the Pirelli SCORPION VERDE™ ALL SEASON PLUS II.

I really love them, especially since I do a lot of long distance trips. Great handling in wet and dry with fabulous breaking.
I run those on my wife's Pathfinder...good tires, we've been pleased.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I decided to go with a very quiet ride and chose the Pirelli SCORPION VERDE™ ALL SEASON PLUS II.

I really love them, especially since I do a lot of long distance trips. Great handling in wet and dry with fabulous breaking.
JC, did you opt for the Verde 2s over the 3s for any particular reason?

I'm between these 2 and the Defenders... Defenders appear to be out of stock atm.

1628254193822.png
1628254237210.png

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
I went with the Verde II since the III was not yet available. My father and brother both had those tires on their vehicles and I was impressed with the quiet ride and the wet performance. I also checked out the review on Tire Rack and that sealed the deal.

FYI .. My dad is a religious Michelin guy and when I asked him how he likes the Pirelli's versus the Michelins all he will say is "lets talk about something else" .. :cool:

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI .. My dad is a religious Michelin guy and when I asked him how he likes the Pirelli's versus the Michelins all he will say is "lets talk about something else" .
:rofl: nice! Looks like I am calling DTD today and seeing if they have the Pirelli's. Thanks for the response

Joe S

Reaction score
I’m on my second set of the Michelin Defender LTX M/S2..love these tires and they last & last…the ride is excellent and perform great in the snow…I bought them believe it or not from my Ford Dealer! i was going to buy them from Tire Rack and my Ford Service Rep told me they would price match and gave me an additional $10.00 off per tire…

OP
OP
hellohithere

hellohithere

Reaction score
Anyone else upgrade to the Michelins? I'm on the fence to upgrade because my Hankooks only have 20k miles on them but feel like I'm missing out on better ride quality and less noise!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Costco is still running the $150 off a set of 4 Michelins installed. They extended it into October.