MicroAir Easy Start and Generators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two part question for all you camping folks out there.

1.) Are you using, or have you used, the MicroAir Easy Start system to help take the initial load off the generator when using your AC unit?

2.) What generators do you recommend for a first time owner? Looking for something that can run at least a 13.5 AC unit and a refrigerator. Anything else that needs to be run can survive with the AC unit turned off.

Any insights and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An RV fridge or a residential fridge in a RV? A 2500 continuous/3000 peak will work good on a AC with RV fridge, otherwise get a 3000/3500 generator.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just installed a secondary capacitor on my AC for hard starts. I used a 35 Mf cap and it worked great on my last TT. Gonna install a 40Mf on my new 15k AC on our new trailer.

OP
OP
Lou Hamilton

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been reading up and watching a bunch of videos. I really like the idea of dual fuel and using Propane. This would allow me to haul either inside the camper or the trunk of my Expy. Otherwise, I would probably need to fabricate a rear storage shelf on the camper which involve finding a reputable welder to reinforce the backend. I already have a bike mount on the front tongue above the propane tank so I cannot install a shelf there.

Anyone use the Champioon 3500 Dual Fuel generator? Looks like the people who reviewed it, liked it.

OP
OP
Lou Hamilton

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An RV fridge or a residential fridge in a RV? A 2500 continuous/3000 peak will work good on a AC with RV fridge, otherwise get a 3000/3500 generator.

RV fridge. I just have a medium sized teardrop camper -- the R-Pod if you ever heard of them.

larryjb

Reaction score
I got the Microair easy start with my generator. It works great! I got the Westinghouse iGen2200 and have been very happy with it. It was able to run my AC with the easystart just fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357