Middle Roof Crossbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jferg425

Reaction score
We are looking for the middle crossbar for our ‘21 max and can’t seem to find one. Can anyone help point us in the right direction? We are trying to put a cargo box on the top but pushing it back so you can still see out the moonroof-so we need the middle bar.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expedition came from the factory with 2 crossbars. I bought a Yakima skybox and it was too short to reach the front and back position. I just used at torx t35 (I think that was the size) and moved the crossbar to middle position.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is a Torx 27 (T27). I just installed the middle one. But I was told to use a T30. It was a bit too big. 27 seemed to work perfectly.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We are looking for the middle crossbar for our ‘21 max and can’t seem to find one. Can anyone help point us in the right direction? We are trying to put a cargo box on the top but pushing it back so you can still see out the moonroof-so we need the middle bar.
The middle and the rear use the same bar. JL1Z7855107AA

The bolts are pn W716332S450B. Might as wells keep the option to use all 3 bars at once.

I did the same thing so I could access the box from my rear bumper. Just be sure your box clears the rear wing when rear hatch is up.

Tom Smyth

Reaction score
Keep in mind max weirht/load including turle box is 125 lb. be safe and keep it at 100 lb

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
I purchased a rear rack from the dealer and installed in the middle. Really helps with stability to the Roof carrier, as mine was flexing a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 24

2020ExpyPlatinum

Reaction score
I moved the crossbars to the rear as others stated. When the holes don't line up in the cargo box i just drilled new holes in that matched the spacing with crossbars towards the rear.