Misfire cylinder 4,5,6,8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So glad you got it fixed! I just did the valve body rebuild on a 05 I bought last Monday and went to test drive and it is missing so bad that it wouldn't barely move under it's own power! No check engine light so I need to start trying to find what cylinder is missing. Smells like raw gas out the pipe and the vehicle just bucks and shutters when you try to give it the gas in gear. In neutral it will rev fine with a miss only at idle.I had it towed to my house because of the tranny issue so did not know about the bad misfire until I tried to drive it today.

May want to check out your vacuum lines

pastorjeep

Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone a follow up. I decided to check all the plugs and coils and found water in all the plug wells. So I had every cylinder doing a random misfire!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone a follow up. I decided to check all the plugs and coils and found water in all the plug wells. So I had every cylinder doing a random misfire!

Yeah, don't pressure clean or use a garden hose on the motor from the top, you almost always cause water to get in the sparkplug wells and misfires follow. If you want to clean the top of the motor just do it by hand with towels and degreaser. Then blow it off with a compressor when you're done.