Misfire on cylinder number 6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRIZ077

Reaction score
So I have a 2014 Expedition, that the engine light came on, when I initially put my scanner on it to read the code it came up as a o2 sensor. Then when I searched how to replace it I figured it was a little out of my league plus it was still winter out. I guess at some point I cleared the code and then when the light came back on at this point the truck was running rough it had no acceleration power and up a hill or any kind of load it was sluggish, and it has horrible gas millage. I ran it over to the mechanic and now the truck has a misfire on the 8 cylinder, so he tried a few things and ended up changing coil and plug for the 8 cylinder. Not long after that light came back on now the 6 cylinder was a misfire so did the same thing coil and plug for 6 cylinder. A day later light came back on still have a misfire on 6. so the mechanic was a little baffled and told me to bring it to the ford dealer, the ford dealer got the same code and suggested to change al the plugs coils boots and clean out the fuel injectors, so i had that done and a day later light came back on number 6 misfire, so the mechanic flushed out the carbon on the valves twice and still the light is on with a misfire on 6. If anyone has any ideas as to what else it could be please let me know. And by the way the truck runs great plenty of power no hesitation and idles fine, I just keep getting the same code misfire 0n 6.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You say it has no acceleration and low on power, then in the end you say it runs great? Need more info, miles on truck and a rough idea of when this started to be able to help. Have you cleaned the MAF sensor, changed air filter and fuel filter?

bggunnz2016

Reaction score
Pull the valve cover and thoroughly inspect the cam lobes, rockers, etc..... Driver's side is much easier.

Expoxone

Reaction score
I had an ECU go bad on my last Ford, it was a #6 misfire, changed the plug and the coil pack and it didn't work. Ultimately it ended up being the computer. I went through so much trouble on it. I ended up trading it in shortly after. If it is the computer, make sure you get one that matches your VIN.