Missing modules in Forscan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's more than likely the module being used. It's very unlikely he'd be missing the SCCM module. DIGX1, I'd look into purchasing another cable with high and medium canbus capability. I have this one: OHP ELMconfig OBD2 Adapter | Ford + Mazda since 1996 | ELM327 | MS/HS CAN Switch | Windows Only
Agreed, but if you are going to spend the money, why not go with a cable/adapter officially supported by FORSCAN. Plus NO SWITCH. The EX is only $20 more expensive, no switch, and officially supported. Can actually be used for FORSCAN supported firmware updates on some modules.

OP
OP
DIGX1

DIGX1

Reaction score
I'll have to give that a try. The adapter I have has a switch for high and medium canbus, and everything else works, just not sure why this one doesn't show up. Could it be something related to the lack of a tow package? I don't have a break controller or anything else related to the Max Tow Package. I do have a hitch and trailer lights with the 6100lbs capacity. I only ask because one of the other forums I read about the turn signals in, mentioned when hooked to a trailer, they get 2 extra blinks automatically.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll have to give that a try. The adapter I have has a switch for high and medium canbus, and everything else works, just not sure why this one doesn't show up. Could it be something related to the lack of a tow package? I don't have a break controller or anything else related to the Max Tow Package. I do have a hitch and trailer lights with the 6100lbs capacity. I only ask because one of the other forums I read about the turn signals in, mentioned when hooked to a trailer, they get 2 extra blinks automatically.
It is an interesting Hypothesis. Wouldn't put it past ford to combine, because the additional module wasn't needed for your package, but I doubt it. More than likely it is your adapter not being able to see the module. Would be cool if somebody near you had a supported adapter that you could test.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar package in XLT. No HD tow and still have the SCCM module. All 4th gens have a tow haul drive mode and 7-pin connectors from the factory. even without HD tow, if you hook up a trailer and the vehicle recognizes it, the blinkers will give 2 extra flashes. perhaps it's worth disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery and letting it sit for 30-60 minutes, hook everything back up and give it another try. It would be cheaper than purchasing another OBD2 dongle.

xsacta

Reaction score
have you try the following mod looking to change in mu 2016 expedition

Global windows close and open windows

Lincoln power fold on lock close mirror when lock

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
have you try the following mod looking to change in mu 2016 expedition

Global windows close and open windows

Lincoln power fold on lock close mirror when lock
Dude, the only Sticky thread in this section of the site is literally dedicated to the year Expeditions you are asking about, and you post in a thread about 4th Gen(2018+) that has zero bearing on your year.

Please go do some reading here.