Monroe Coil over conversion kit 90010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I am very disappointed...no, actually pissed off. This kit replaced my air ride that was failing and since the first 10k miles the shocks started leaking. The ride quality was fine but the shocks have not lasted, and now they are shot with the RF almost empty of fluid.

"Lifetime Warranty"?? Uh, nope. If you read the MSDS and warranty fine print it is a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" against defects, not failure due to wear and tear.

Here is what the warranty says: 90 days is free from defects in materials and workmanship....' with a bunch of other disclaimers about normal use, normal driving conditions...vague requirements.

This kit was purchased by my Indy from Napa. Needless to say I will no longer use this Indy nor ever purchase anything from Napa.

On to Strutmasters now.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My recent experience wanting to support a US corporation was with Monroe Quickstruts (complete replacement units) for the wife's Lincoln. Both fronts failed within the first week after installation. Trying to save a few bucks, I bought them from an online supplier (Partsgeek) and, when they failed, the "customer service" dept. at Tenneco (Monroe) referred me to the vendor (which I would never buy from again) for warranty service, and they took over a week just to set up a support ticket. In the meantime, I had already recycled my original struts and cartons, and the only complete sets available at the time were Chinese in origin whichI had to order in order to be able to drive the vehicle safely plus have cartons in which to return the defective struts to the warranty center. I probably waited over a month for a refund on my CC and only after I involved the bank did Partsgeek act. In the first year, the Chinese ones have been functioning as they should, but next time I'll go with OEM replacement cartridges.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i went with sunoco replacements and others have been happily satisfied with strutmasters

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the maxpeedings coilovers and an very disappointed.... Hardest riding struts I've ever felt in my life... Do not buy