Moog Chinese $h*t Now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
No more Moog. Bought a wheel bearing assembly for a 2005 Crown Vic. The package said CHINA on it, so back to Moog it went. The Motorcraft one arrived, $5 more, with a Timpken bearing, all made in USA.

No more Moog for me! Who would spend triple for the same Chinese garbage they could buy from TorqueMaster, Ultra-Power, Mevotech or QuikSteer?

Why buy three times when you can buy once and do the job once? Why put your American neighbors out of work?

Last edited:

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I buy moog front end part but not wheel bearings. I either stick with motorcraft or Timkin

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had better luck with the Moog, than the Timken wheel bearings. Some say it's all on how there installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ditched moog. When I went to do my U-Joints I went to Napa, Advance Auto, AutoZone and none could get me a U-joint that was made in the USA. The one moog was returned previously (box open) and didn’t feel right when I put it in, and my old driveshaft was rather crappy. Moog was made in Mexico, recently stopped making the U-joints here according to counter guys. I ended up ordering the driveshaft assembly from Ford new which came with U-joints and yolk attached. These U-joints were finally made in the U.S.A along with the rest of the unit. The only aftermarket supplier of U-Joints made here is Spicer....I’d highly recommend them. Most parts stores can order but don’t stock. They are Fords supplier anyway. I like the Motorcraft wheel hub assemblies.

It seems Moogs stradegy over the next decade is to shut down U.S manufacturing operations to reduce costs. You will see more Mexico and Chinese moog over the next few years. Best bet is boycott and let them go under while they tarnish their once quality name.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a shame. Does anybody know about the problem solver ball joints or upper control arms? Where are they made?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let's hope they last 2 years. Keep it greased, let us know next year 19, how they've survived. Kind of Ironic, American car parts made in Mexico, tortillas are made here in the US! Something wrong there!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MOOG seems to source their stuff from all over. I bought a MOOG wheel hub assembly in-store and it appeared to be made by MOOG, but was labeled Made in the USA. I then found the assembly cheaper online so I purchased another. That one was branded MOOG, but made by SKF (and also stamped Made in the USA).

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Timkin or SKF wheel bearings for me, they've done me well but sadly neither one says made in USA anymore, last time I bought Timkin was made is Thailand or Philippines and last SKF I bought was from Argentina or Brazil... I cant remember but it was south American made.

Only reason I dont buy ford is the shipping... most of the time I need the bearings here and now kinda situation

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s sad that it’s hard to get quality parts these days....you can’t even force your money to these companies for quality.