Moog front hubs any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 Expedition Limited 4x4 and front hubs/wheel bearings are getting noisy. Talked with the dealer since the repair should be covered under my Ford extended warranty, but they say the Motorcraft front wheel hubs for the Expedition are on indefinite national backorder. Tired of the growly noise, and just want it to be fixed, so wondering if anyone has any experience with Moog hubs or other aftermarket hubs? I'll probably just pay out of pocket since the Ford warranty isn't much help if they can't get parts! Here's the Moog bearing I was checking out https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-515181. Looks like Rock Auto has it available for $175/side.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I call bullcrap on the dealer.... i just had my front driver side wheel bearing replaced last month with no wait time. I would definately try a different dealer.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called a couple other dealers and they also confirmed the national backorder status on the front hub assemblies.

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called a couple other dealers and they also confirmed the national backorder status on the front hub assemblies.
Maybe it’s on Backorder bec Ford is updating the crap factory designed part that only lasts 30-40k miles?? That would be great if they were!

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Moog is a major (probably the largest) aftermarket suspension parts manufacturer and has been around since the 1920's. They are now part of the Tenneco / Driv / Federal-Mogul family of automotive OEM / Aftermarket manufacturing companies.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had front passenger side replaced at almost 25k and driver side at 31k... Both motor craft. I swear one is getting noisy again at 42k. Maybe moog is way to go

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, Moog is excellent.
Thanks. I'll probably go this route with Moog. I can't imagine they'd be any worse than the Motorcraft hubs. My Expy only has 50k miles, so not too impressed at this point with the Motorcraft hubs.