Moog front hubs any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MOOG is hit or miss these days as you never know what's going to be in the box. At one point I had 3 MOOG wheel hub assemblies - all in identical boxes with identical part numbers - with 3 different assemblies. One was made by MOOG, another by SKF and and another by Timkin.
Guess we'll see what they send this time. Hopefully SKF or Timken bearings.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I find the best replacement Hub Wheel Bearings to purchase are TIMKEN hubs. I replaced my right rear hub at 100k and at 218k, it is still rolling strong. I read somewhere that TIMKENs are used as OEM parts for my 2007 Ford Expedition. Moog parts are made in China and I hear sooooo many complaints regarding their longevity.
Would gladly purchase a front Timken hub if it was available for the 4wd 4th Gens. Haven't seen any such animal though.

kfx400o3

Reaction score
My dealer told me same thing, but they did some kind of expedited order. They got it in in less than a week. They said that there was only 1 dealership in the state of West Virginia that had one and they wouldn’t get rid of it.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
no difference between 2wd and 4A. I also had them check the vacuum lines, check valves and actuators.