1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving pats from one to other

Discussion in '1st Gen - 1997 - 2002' started by trumpedition, Mar 25, 2020.

1. trumpedition

trumpedition New Member

can i take key,transponder,security module,ecm or pcm,dash cluster from one 1998 ford expedition to another 1998 ford expedition?both are xlts.i have done this but no luck theft light just flashes fast and bright.

i have over 12 expeditions most for parts,like this one i did not get a key and just wanted to start it to check out engine and running gear.then part it out to put together another expedition.

or any other ideas on how to start just to test stuff would be great.

thank you

2. 00XTL

00XTL Member

when switching over PATS parts, you will need to reprogram the keys to the new PATS module. you need two keys to do so. You have to cycle the ignition 8 time ending in the acc position. the door locks should cycle. once the door locks cycle that means the module is in programming mode. keep the key that you used to cycle in the ignition for five seconds then take it out and put the other key in the ignition with the ignition turn to acc for five seconds. this should program both keys to the new module.

3. trumpedition

trumpedition New Member

ok thank you,i was hoping since i had a working system in a another truck that it would just work,i guess i will have to get one more key.