my $1,700 98 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

985speed

Reaction score
I got my 98 expedition with 138,000 miles in January of 2013 I traded an old ford ranger for it that I had about $1,700 in. it is a 4.6 2wd xlt model. The next day I woke up and took the running boards off and washed the truck (which it was desperately needed). The truck had a nice scuff mark down the passenger side with a little bit of a crease. I used bon ami on a wet rag to get the scuff off then decided to do the whole truck when I saw that it took the truck from off white to white. after washing and waxing it I took off the bubbling trim on the doors and stripped it painted it black. Then I decided to just remove the all the trim off the doors. next I swapped in a 5 speed from an F150. I tool off the 98 chrome grille and front bumper and replaced it with a painted 2000 grille and bumper with fog lights and added tow hooks. Then it was time for a 1.5" leveling kit and 265/75/16 nitto terra grapplers, I also replaced all four ball joints, sway bar bushings because they were shot and new shocks all the way around at the same time. then I cracked a head so I replaced them with romeo pi heads and a new intake I also replaced all the timing components, and oil pump. I have a ton of other things I would like to do to it including a lift, new wheels, bigger tires, ditching all four cats and adding a flowmaster 40 muffler, short throw shifter, and redoing the interior. All and all everything Ive gotten accomplished including the cost of the truck I'm about 6,800 in it and im just taking it one project at a time.

Attachments

• 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 639
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 477
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 406

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sweet, looks good so far. I'd like mine to be a 5 speed but I don't have time for project of that magnitude right now lol.

OP
OP
985speed

985speed

Reaction score
yeah I was lucky that I have another truck to drive while it was down. it took a month from the time it died till I had it back on the road including towing it home and tracking down all the parts and working during the day.