My 2018 Platinum has been in the shop for 7 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First the rear end went out and they rebuilt it. Then the transmission started slipping and I was still getting warnings for the electronic slip differential.

During these 7 months I’ve had it back a total of two weeks before having to take it back for the same issues.

This last stay at the dealer will be another month of the 7 months total and they’ve had 4 attempts to fix now.

Does anyone know how I can get Ford to buy this turd back?

About 60,000 miles on it but the problems started before 20,000 miles and are documented at the dealership.

KetMalice

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure all states the buyback is 1 year after purchase. I’ve owned my 22 Expedition for 11 months now and it’s been in the shop about 12 times for probably 4 months total. Ford is fighting to not buyback my vehicle, and they have 4+ attempts on the same things. I got a new transmission last week.

Basically I guess I’m telling you that you are SOL.

OP
OP
A

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking as well. Read up on all the lemon laws but I’m out of that window I believe. The only thing that could save me is they told me to put the initial repair off until it failed. This was all happening in the first year well below 20,000 miles. Might have to consult an attorney for more info if I can do anything.

Thanks for letting me know your experience.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First the rear end went out and they rebuilt it. Then the transmission started slipping and I was still getting warnings for the electronic slip differential.

During these 7 months I’ve had it back a total of two weeks before having to take it back for the same issues.

This last stay at the dealer will be another month of the 7 months total and they’ve had 4 attempts to fix now.

Does anyone know how I can get Ford to buy this turd back?

About 60,000 miles on it but the problems started before 20,000 miles and are documented at the dealership.
I would find an independent mechanic to diagnose and resolve the problem. Make sure he documents and photographs everything. Pay to get it fixed right and then request the dealer pay for past mistakes or "see you in court".