My AutoCool III Electric Fan Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AZ59apacheguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats not bad at all can u post more pics of how you attached the fans to the rad? And how the a/c fan was wired in.
Hi, sorry for the delay, been busy at work. I can still post a pic of the fans mounted, but it really won't show anything. I used those zip tie style fan mounting straps you can find all over eBay and Amazon. They hold the fan to the radiator by going through it, so far they are holding well. I can tell you there is a proper way to run those through the radiator. If you look at the radiator the cooling fins sort of look like " \/ " & " /\ ". You want to run the strap though the one that looks like a " \/ ", that way it keeps the strap from resting directly onto the radiator tube.

Nice set-up!
Thank you VERY much. I am 110% happy with the performance of this electric fan setup.

Shaun M Johnson

Reaction score
Excellent information! I am a 1st timer noob for electric fans. I am also a Product Designer with a strong automotive background (for factory repairs) --I am new to modifying/customizing my vehicle and how it will effect my excessively moody Ford system. I have done some extensive research. I want to share what I found and ask for help also as I order my kit. I will return the love by sharing the modifications. I also have made quite a few modifications and have quite a few more planned to be taking place almost immediately. I am in the research process since Ford wants to discontinue my parts and charge a Ferrari for remans. Let's get started. I'm listing what I've done in case anyone has questions. We can move the topic to the appropriate threads or create new threads in the appropriate places.

Current Mods/Swaps/Work (all completed or in the works):

-Complete engine teardown, rebuild and paint.
-Rally Performance Coils.
-Dyed carpets?
-Rockford Fosgate door speakers.
-Multi-colored sand textured paneling?
-BEM Performance instrument cluster gauge face.
-OBX Performance Headers
-Gibson Swept-Side Stainless Steel Cat-Back 3 inch Exhaust with stainless steel downpipes and dual high-flow catalytic convertors. (I have swapped the Gibson muffler for a Flowmaster Super44 muffler) Can't wait to start the truck again!
-Drilled Slotted, Black Zinc Plated Disc Brake Rotors with ceramic pads.
-Trick Flow valve covers
-Customer engine wiring harness routing and mounting (because of the covers).
-MMR oil filter relocation kit with -10AN stainless steel lined nylon braided hoses and a H8 Fram Racing oil filter.
-Universal stainless steel flexible radiator and heater hose kits with a 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 5/8 inch coolant T-fitting (because I couldn't find a 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 1 inch T-fitting). All parts currently ordered.
-15 Row oil cooler with electric fan and -10AN stainless steel lined nylon braided hoses. (electric fan will not be installed until the alternator is upgraded).

Future planned Mods/Swaps/Work:

-ABS delete. Starting with pulling the ABS fuse in the power distribution block. This should tell me if my computer is going to freak out and limit my RPMs or malfunction my brakes. If the fuse pull is successful I will attempt to disconnect the electrical harnesses from the ABS control module. If this succeeds I will remove the ABS control module, ABS wheel speed sensors and all associated components. Then, I will connect the single rear brake line and both front brake lines to an adjustable proportioning valve with a pressure switch. If the RPM redline is effected by the ABS system removal the pressure sensor can be wired SOMEWHERE into the ECU to combat this problem (not confirmed). I was originally going to swap all brake lines to steel braided -AN hoses. However, I discovered the use of all soft lines causes a spongey pedal and delayed braking performance. So, it seems I'm doomed to stick with either stainless steel or NiCopp brake lines. Maybe steel braided hoses from front fenderwells to the calipers and hub on rear axle to the rear calipers.

-Electric fan conversion. I am leaning towards the Twin Cyclone Ultra Electric Cooling Fans because they seem to be the total package (high CFM rating with a low Amp draw). I know nothing from personal experience with this conversion. I have done all of my own work. I don't know how to wire this conversion either so any highly detailed pictures would be great! I do not want the fans running all the time. I want them to kick on and kick off as needed by the system, automatically (because I cannot remember my own name let alone to turn fans on/off). I also have a nice car audio system so...

I need juice, probably. 130Amp alternator hasn't weakened yet...
Any ideas, pictures, videos are appreciated!
Especially with my brakes, cooling lines and the electric fans conversions!
Hopefully we can all help each other.

grantpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How's the amp draw??? What brand and amp capacity alt did you buy? Is the rated amp output for your new alt, at idle or 2-3k rpm? Thanks.