My Key deletion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Triplet Dad

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 2017 Expedition EL XLT and it only came with one key with the FOB built into the key (no push button). I was trying to change the door unlock code for the outside of the door but unknowingly created a My Key instead. When I read up on what the My Key was I realized it was a mistake and wanted to delete it. I understand you can only delete or modify the My Key with an administrator key, but since I was able to create the My Key with this key I would only assume I should be able to delete it. I can see the My Key info in the display but can't adjust anything. Any thoughts on removing this My Key or resetting everything? Thanks.

tri650

Reaction score
I did the same thing and have the same question. For some reason MyKey only allows radio volume to go to 14. I want to delete all of this

Kevin 16587

Reaction score
Never mind - i found out how to set volume. Still no idea on the mykey settings
I did almost the exact same thing you did. FORscan is the only way you will be able to delete it without an admin key. You’ll need a OBDII interface (use one that is recommend by FORscan on their website), a Windows laptop and the FORscan software. The OBD connector was about $35 and I paid $12 for the 12 month license of FORscan. You can also get a free 2 month trial version of it.

Read up on FORscan (there is a section on this forum). You’ll be amazed what you can do with it. I deleted My Key and I also enabled daytime running lights and I deleted most of the annoying chimes, beeps, and horn honks.

Last edited: