My MOAB Bucket list build..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aquaholic

Reaction score
Time to throw down some info.

Bought my 98 totally stock. Bought 31” tires on the way home. Put some lights on too, and thought I was badass.. oops.. Had no idea how wrong I was.. bought another for parts..

Fast forward too now. Posi front and rear.. I have 3” suspension lift via rear blocks and torsion bar raised in front. Also have 3” body lift.. Ran into the all known cv angle issues soon as I raised the torsion bars. Constantly pulling shafts apart instead of breaking them. Recently dropped the diff 2” and haven’t had a chance to play with the results yet. Currently sitting on worn out 33” Milestar Patagonia’s and getting ready to swap in some 35” federal couragias..

Front and rear bumpers are homemade, removing 1 foot of frame rail up front and installing a redneck skid plate bumper.. Solid as f*#k.. Cut the rear quarters up 10 inches from the lowest point, had to cut and relocate a few body support sections, and built the rear bumper to hug the truck as tight as possible. Equally as solid as the front.

Motor is stock, with the addition of short tube headers, removed the second cat from each side, and installed a fireball racing muffler.. I like loud.. Gotts mod is the only other change to the motor. No tune as of yet..

Still running stock 3.31 ring and pinion, on the list are 4.88.. Should be sometime in the coming spring. That list also includes winch and receiver cradle.

Currently in the process of changing torsion bars, swapping to the air suspension model torsion bar, as I’ve gotten recent info to indicate it is softer than the standard suspension torsion bar. Both sway bars have been deleted.

Dealing with lung disease for a number of years, Moab has been at the top of my bucket list. My plan is to make it happen sometime fall of 2022, before the option is off the tableView attachment 67087
.. It takes time, and a toll on myself, but this truck will be ready and up to my expectations by then. Will update as the project continues. Go ahead and tell me I can’t wheel Moab in an expedition, everyone has. That’s the exact reason it’s going to happen. I’ve done everything with this truck I was told I couldn’t, and I don’t plan to stop now.. View attachment 67088
View attachment 67089
View attachment 67090

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the attitude, especially the "tell me I can't" factor. Most don't really know how to wheel. Forums are loaded with guys plasti-dipping parts and here just for looks. The reason why I fell in love with Tequila is because everyone said they can't handle it. lol. These hockey puck lift/torsion bar turners, love how you admitted and learned right away all the problems that will cause. BUT, you wheel the truck, most torsion bar guys are doing it all for the looks of a bigger truck and their rig only sees pavement.

Let me ask you tho, why 4:88's, seems a little low for your ride height/wheel height. Although I am rusty. 3:56's are too low for sure, but what about 4:11's?

Aquaholic

Reaction score

Aquaholic

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Milestar's? I'm considering a set of 35s, which should fit just fine with my 3" BL -- previously ran a set of 315 Pro Comp MTs -- but want a bit more lift for wheeling, as the ProComps tended to rub pretty bad with articulation
More lift for wheeling from tires?? On a 3" BL... You have no offroad mods, bigger tires are going to make you think you can do more, when in reality you're just going to get stuck. The ProComps rub at articulation because you still flex like it's stock.

Aquaholic

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Milestar's? I'm considering a set of 35s, which should fit just fine with my 3" BL -- previously ran a set of 315 Pro Comp MTs -- but want a bit more lift for wheeling, as the ProComps tended to rub pretty bad with articulation

Pleasure cruise and some winch testing yesterday. Stayed mellow, nothing ********, just needed some me time.. View attachment 39919
View attachment 39920
I was worried the wider 35”s would rub but they tuck nicely.. Loving the winch..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That rear flex looks decent. I can't remember what you did in the rear for lift. Blocks, add-a-leaf, add-a-leaf + blocks?

OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Creased doors replaced. Almost time to paint. Pull the awning, tape some **** up, and spray the rest of the ****..

Attachments

• 355342DF-DF12-472B-BAF8-319252EE862B.png
    355342DF-DF12-472B-BAF8-319252EE862B.png
    914.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 95AE378C-F037-4240-B16A-FBA92A1676A0.jpeg
    95AE378C-F037-4240-B16A-FBA92A1676A0.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That rear flex looks decent. I can't remember what you did in the rear for lift. Blocks, add-a-leaf, add-a-leaf + blocks?
I had spacers but found some lift springs at the junkyard. They were from a 4” rough country lift. A little softer, and they sit just right when she’s loaded up.

The front has torsion bars from the air ride suspension. Slightly softer as well. I can slightly tuck the front tires and I can still body rub the rears..
slow, steady throttle and pick the right line she does quite well..

Attachments

• AC90115D-E877-4B18-948C-400DF2324C13.jpeg
    AC90115D-E877-4B18-948C-400DF2324C13.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Starting to look pretty good, not that I care about looks haha, looks are secondary to mods and performance!! I see that slider has done it's job, not exactly straight anymore.
They certainly have. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not so much,

Looking at some new ones from a local shop, just gotta snag up a few hundred bucks extra..

OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love the attitude, especially the "tell me I can't" factor. Most don't really know how to wheel. Forums are loaded with guys plasti-dipping parts and here just for looks. The reason why I fell in love with Tequila is because everyone said they can't handle it. lol. These hockey puck lift/torsion bar turners, love how you admitted and learned right away all the problems that will cause. BUT, you wheel the truck, most torsion bar guys are doing it all for the looks of a bigger truck and their rig only sees pavement.

Let me ask you tho, why 4:88's, seems a little low for your ride height/wheel height. Although I am rusty. 3:56's are too low for sure, but what about 4:11's?
Ended up meeting you in the middle and just recently installed 4.56’s.. Love them.. on 35’s 4.11 is basically equivalent to stock performance ratio. 4.88 would have been murder on the freeway!!