Mystery sounds and stalling issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bayalyka

Reaction score
Hey guys! First time expy owner, and I'm having some issues I can't figure out. There's a stalling issue that occurs at idle when the engine is cold, if I brake hard, or if I'm in reverse. I cleaned out the iac valve and replaced the gasket but the issue hasn't gone away. I also have this loud buzzing noise when the car is in gear, I'm thinking maybe something with the trans? At first I thought ac compressor but the sound is still there even when the air con is off. Thanks for your suggestions!
**UPDATE** buzzing noise occurs only when in park or drive, not neutral

Last edited:

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check intake manifold gasket. When a mechanic changed mine, he said it literally fell to pieces.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The first things I would check are the throttle body and the MAF sensor. These are the simplest issues that can cause idling problems like you are having, if they get dirty. Hard to say what the buzzing is without hearing it, although what @Petesexpy said is worth a look because the intake manifolds and gaskets do go bad on these (mine did). The EGR would be thing place to check, and vacuum leaks in general. Good luck.