Navigation of Choice on 15” Sync4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What navigation system do you use?
I’m a huge fan of Waze and I wish Apple Maps was better because it’s beautiful, but how does it integrate with the Sync4 on the big screen and does the stock system work as good or better?

Having a new ‘22 Platinum delivered soon and want some opinions.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 21 150, with the connected built in NAV, and I honestly use it more than Waze now. It works well.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What navigation system do you use?
I’m a huge fan of Waze and I wish Apple Maps was better because it’s beautiful, but how does it integrate with the Sync4 on the big screen and does the stock system work as good or better?

Having a new ‘22 Platinum delivered soon and want some opinions.
Have always used the stock navigation and will always continue to.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
I've used the build-in nav on our sync4a and like it a lot. It's akin to apple maps in accuracy, which around here is a lot better than google for whatever reason.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Always use Google Maps (Waze on longer trips because of police/hazard reporting), by far the best and most accurate, especially for traffic. It's easy to read as well. Especially nice with wireless Android Auto. No need to plug your phone in plus you can reply to important texts hands-free. But I've heard the newer Ford Nav is pretty good now.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm on the older Expy with the smaller screen but I use google maps pretty much exclusively. My built in Nav is already out of date for my neighborhood, let alone other places. Never understood people who prefer waze but don't use the contribution features. My dad is one of them and he can't explain why he likes it better.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 21 150, with the connected built in NAV, and I honestly use it more than Waze now. It works well.
I second this. I was a big waze user. But the ford actually does a pretty good job with the connected built in. And it looks good on the 15” screen and dashboard. And in my area cell service is spotty so waze takes time to update.

BrianA

Reaction score
The built in nav on 22 always takes longer routes than Google maps. Google maps is nice because it shows similar routes along the way.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The built in nav on 22 always takes longer routes than Google maps.
Definitely true.

I just tried using the built in Nav to get to a location and it made me miss the exit because roads were not accurately drawn on the map. Also, it doesn't seem to show exit numbers, unless there is a setting to turn that on.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely true.

I just tried using the built in Nav to get to a location and it made me miss the exit because roads were not accurately drawn on the map. Also, it doesn't seem to show exit numbers, unless there is a setting to turn that on.
Mine shows exit numbers and has never not notified me in time for an exit.

Also, just for clarity, Waze and Google Maps are both Google products and use the same Map data.