Need a new transmission - HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pirublues

Reaction score
The dealer just quoted me $6100 to replace my transmission. It has a pretty noticeable slip while shifting into 4th gear and it squawks while shifting into 4th gear. Right now it drives pretty well other than that. I don't know when it'll finally crap the bed but I'm not at all interested in paying $6100 for a trans in a 2015 truck with 120k miles. The transmission should've lasted easy longer. The 4r100 in my 7.3 Excursion went over 250k miles of hard driving and cross country towing with a old school engine tune.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealer just quoted me $6100 to replace my transmission. It has a pretty noticeable slip while shifting into 4th gear and it squawks while shifting into 4th gear. Right now it drives pretty well other than that. I don't know when it'll finally crap the bed but I'm not at all interested in paying $6100 for a trans in a 2015 truck with 120k miles. The transmission should've lasted easy longer. The 4r100 in my 7.3 Excursion went over 250k miles of hard driving and cross country towing with an old school engine tune.
Did you change the fluid every 60k miles on your 2015?

Pirublues

Reaction score
Did you change the fluid every 60k miles on your 2015?
Yes I'm always on top of the maintenence for this truck. Matter of fact it just had the trans fluid changed at 119k miles. By 120k it started slipping. The previous trans fluid change was at 60k miles.