need new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mounted for like $70 or 80 total, four corners at the same walmart they shipped it to... disposal? Who knows, I think they forgot about it or complimentary?

Mine were $412 shipped, NO shipping NO tax ship-to-store... hair <$500 out the door total installed

Don't look at Walmart, look at Walmart.COM ... different prices, I guess they ship in overstock from other states or something?

PS also, shops that do used tires don't charge disposal. Done a few $25-30 shredded tire replacements before, tire included. And if you bring them your own tires, they'll do em for $10 cash ea... although I guess you wouldn't want to do that if you got a mileage warranty, unless they're willing to provide paperwork? For the unwarrantied cheap 20" Nokians , that's what I'd do --- pick up at local Walmart free, drive over to closest Something-ez Hispanic tire shop, and be done $40 later

The prices I posted above for Walmart were from Walmart.com. Maybe it varies on zip code. That would not surprise me.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The prices I posted above for Walmart were from Walmart.com. Maybe it varies on zip code. That would not surprise me.

Bridgestone Dueller 255/70r18
$101.97 free ship/free pickup

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bridgest...l-Season-Radial-Tire-P255-70R18-112T/17790604

... it's the standard Gator L tire size so should work a-ok with any 3rd gen 18" Expy/Gator

Then pay Jose $40 to mount em if you're cheap... or Walmart $80ish if you want warranty

And voila... top brand tires <$500

Alternative size 265/65r18 (slightly wider, same rolling diameter):
Nokian Rotiiva $112
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokian-Rotiiva-HT-All-Season-Radial-Tire-265-65R18-114H/50296384

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am on the 18" wheels. The Rotiva ion Since you said shipped to your local Wally, I assume you are looking at Wal-Mart. In California, it is $25 per tire to mount with the road hazard warranty, and then another $15 in state fees per tire.

When I look there the Nexen Roadian is $132.06. Goodyear Wranglers start at $211.99.

Hankook Dynapro $166.19.

4 tires + mounting and state fees and 8.25% sales tax - we are talking in the $800+ range for out the door prices.

TireRack - Dynapro is the cheapest on your list they have $172.95, let's you ship to installer, but doesn't provide price quote for installer so not actual OTD price.

TireBuyer.com - Hankook $162.95, Nexian $168.21 (but $80 instant savings on checkout so $148.21 per tire) - Cheapest installer in my zip code is $49 not including state recycle fee, and state disposal fee.

I think one difference we are seeing in this thread is comparing Out the Door prices with them mounted, balanced, road hazard warranty, tax and other government extortion vs. the tires alone.

Government extortion - So they charge a Tire Recycle fee that is supposed to fund recycling tires, but then also charge you a state fee for tire disposal. NOTE: Even if you take the tires home for your daughters art project, the state still requires the disposal fee.

PS i think i see the problem. CORRUPTION,

The suggested "ship to installer" places on big websites pay kickbacks from install fees ("referrals" or "affiliate bonuses" or some other legally more palatable term), and thus all the ones listed on their sites charge an arm and a leg

You don't HAVE to go there. Toss the things in the trunk and go see whoever

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am on the 18" wheels. The Rotiva ion Since you said shipped to your local Wally, I assume you are looking at Wal-Mart. In California, it is $25 per tire to mount with the road hazard warranty, and then another $15 in state fees per tire.

When I look there the Nexen Roadian is $132.06. Goodyear Wranglers start at $211.99.

Hankook Dynapro $166.19.

4 tires + mounting and state fees and 8.25% sales tax - we are talking in the $800+ range for out the door prices.

TireRack - Dynapro is the cheapest on your list they have $172.95, let's you ship to installer, but doesn't provide price quote for installer so not actual OTD price.

TireBuyer.com - Hankook $162.95, Nexian $168.21 (but $80 instant savings on checkout so $148.21 per tire) - Cheapest installer in my zip code is $49 not including state recycle fee, and state disposal fee.

I think one difference we are seeing in this thread is comparing Out the Door prices with them mounted, balanced, road hazard warranty, tax and other government extortion vs. the tires alone.

Government extortion - So they charge a Tire Recycle fee that is supposed to fund recycling tires, but then also charge you a state fee for tire disposal. NOTE: Even if you take the tires home for your daughters art project, the state still requires the disposal fee.
Warning: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

No, not extortion. Just really smart people spending your money in ways you're too dumb to think of yourself or simply unwilling. One day, they'll figure out a way to spot the difference and solve the 'unwilling' problem.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no way in my lifetime would i ever use wally world to do vehicle maintenance...the problem we have round here...is hmmmm talented labor pool, as in lots of folks dumb as a box of rocks and only breathing because its involuntary..
smart techs, in our woods earn a following and are paid as such. if he changes dealers or shops, we follow.

Now i am sure there are some wally worlds with super techs....just not anywhere near me.
our closest one routinely sends people out on the road with no oil, loose lugnuts.
cant really blame them...the shop manger is still in puberty and has (if you are so inclined, thats your right, but its also my right to patron somewhere else) every facial hole filled with odd rings and gauges....not to mention the neck tattoo, and the smart phone glued to their ear.

I am old so well you know.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Years back I worked as a service writer for the now long gone Montgomery Ward. We had age appropriate service managers. Both were in their 30's. Problem was the kids that did the low skill stuff, oil change, tire mounting, battery installs, were never trained by journey level techs. On top of that they were paid minimum wage. We had a sign in big letters where they signed off and put finished work orders, said oil in, lug nuts tight? Just in case they second guessed themselves. Sounds goofy, but it worked.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no way in my lifetime would i ever use wally world to do vehicle maintenance...the problem we have round here...is hmmmm talented labor pool, as in lots of folks dumb as a box of rocks and only breathing because its involuntary..
smart techs, in our woods earn a following and are paid as such. if he changes dealers or shops, we follow.

Now i am sure there are some wally worlds with super techs....just not anywhere near me.
our closest one routinely sends people out on the road with no oil, loose lugnuts.
cant really blame them...the shop manger is still in puberty and has (if you are so inclined, thats your right, but its also my right to patron somewhere else) every facial hole filled with odd rings and gauges....not to mention the neck tattoo, and the smart phone glued to their ear.

I am old so well you know.

You COULD always save $100-ish per corner buying there, toss the tires in the trunk, and take them to wherever you feel comfortable with...

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll admit: I’m a little jealous that some people in this thread have the time and energy to get offended about how someone else spends their own money on a product.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know I love the look of my 22" Platinum wheels but not so much now that I need tires. These 22's are anything but cheap but there seems to be a good selection out there. I've always had good luck around here at Discount Tire. No issues with price matching and no charge rotations and flat repairs - even if it's on one of your other cars that they didn't put tires on. Believe it or not my local Ford dealer was offering the same Michelin and Pirelli tires as the big tire places at exactly the same price. I did not expect that!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01