Need Recommendation for Suspension Upgrade for 2020 Exp Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave marshall

Reaction score
Can someone recommend an upgrade to the rear suspension for a 2020 Exp Platinum?
My ride has gotten to be "porpoisy" and squishy. I only have 27,000 miles on it.
I tow a 6,000 lb Lance trailer. I would like to have a stiffer suspension.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty long thread but a pretty good read:

Short take is many of us have found a much improved driving experience with new sway barsl I know the title is about rear sway bar but the thread does end up being about the front sway bar also....
@dave marshall ,welcome to the forum. Great place for info on Expy's.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone recommend an upgrade to the rear suspension for a 2020 Exp Platinum?
My ride has gotten to be "porpoisy" and squishy. I only have 27,000 miles on it.
I tow a 6,000 lb Lance trailer. I would like to have a stiffer suspension.
Is it squishy all the time, or only while towing? Some people have had issues with the stock shocks giving up. Handling on my vehicle was always bad, especially when I had the rear loaded up with passengers. Replacing the rears shocks helped, but I had way more miles than you. Bilstein is supposedly stiffer, but I haven't experienced them myself. Perhaps inspect the rear shocks for leaks. Stiffer tires will help as well, but only if the rear shocks are in good working order.

OP
OP
D

dave marshall

Reaction score
It's only squishy while towing. I had the rear shocks replaced by Ford. I will see if this makes any difference on our next road trip with the trailer.

OP
OP
D

dave marshall

Reaction score
I replaced my rear shocks with new Ford replacement shocks and the problem with a squishy ride was resolved. The old shocks only had 30k miles on them, but they were worn out.

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
18, Max Plat
free partial improvement is to run in sport mode, as it's stiffens up the suspension somewhat, and then another inexpensive bump in improvement is to throw in a set of sumo-coils.
i have them in all four, because you really could not tow very much without them, because of the proposing over the shotty ohio bridge joints.
However, the compression is improved, the rebound is still too bouncy.