New 22 Expedition Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henrybmay

Reaction score
Is it worthwhile adding option 60P (Continuously Controlled Damping) to my car? I noticed on the test drive with an 2021 XL that the ride was "bumpy" as we went over the control strips on the hiway. Will this option smooth out the ride? (to be fair, it was -4 and the car had been sitting on the log right before my salesperson warmed it up for a test drive.)

Thank you!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It depends on what your looking for. If it's going to be use mainly for highway trips, yes it's worth the upgrade. Ccd smooths out bumps and helps minimize the jitters of the road, but you lose body composure and control with it.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is a good news/bad news proposition: the good news is that the CCD struts ride better, adjust to the drive mode selected, and don't have a history of failing like the standard struts. Coupled with Hellwig stabilizer bars, handling is far better than you would imagine for a big SUV. The bad news is that 22" wheels come with them and not everyone is in love with them. However there have been many new tires recently introduced in the 22" size that far outweigh the capability of the OEM Hankook tires. If you're OK with 22's then no problem.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would the issues with the factory struts not be resolved with decent shocks like the Bilstein 4600/5100?