New 5.4 with a couple of upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CCANDELARI

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Expedition XLT. I had a new 5.4L Triton engine built by the guys at Promar Engines out of New Jersey. They specialize in remanufacturing lighting engines. A respected company in the industry. The (2) modifications they suggested were upgrading to competition cams and PI performance improved heads. I did replace exhaust headers (JBA) and dual the exhaust. The engine is in and runs but it's sluggish. The guys at Promar said that I need to find a shop that can tune the engine with the specs of the new cams. Sounded easy enough and very well maybe. However I'm having a difficult time finding a shop that can do just that. I'm surrounded by tune shops. Some that call themselves custom. However I haven't found a shop yet that has said, bring it in and we can tune it.
So I'm turning to you guys. Like myself, the Expedition enthusiast. First I need a tuner that can do what I explained. A tuner that will flash the ECM and allow the shop to program in the new cam specs. If I can find the right tuner. Then I can ask them who they use my in area to do the tunes. Any helpful direction would be appreciated.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a tuner that should work. You can see if 5 Star could make a custom tune for it or if they have any suggestions for someone locally.

OP
OP
CCANDELARI

CCANDELARI

Reaction score
Hi Mr. Dave - I have sent off a couple of emails. (1) to SCT to confirm the product with the additions and to ask them about their custom tune recommendations.
I used the other link you sent and emailed one of the few custom tune shops they have listed to confirm they can work on my Expedition and requested a time frame if possible.
This is my way of saying thank you for pointing me in that direction! I'll let y'all know how it all turns out

Attachments

• 5F6E0436-F977-4AB3-A04B-C60E18F8E612.jpeg
    5F6E0436-F977-4AB3-A04B-C60E18F8E612.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 5