New battery, solenoid and starter still no crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Explain how 11.3 volts is no connection?
See post #6 above
I did not mean his test was for cca.
Your words from post #5 And i quote "The voltage drop test measures CCA."
I admit I am not familiar with this test. I understand electronics.
You litteraly contradicted yourself. all you are doing is confusing people. Just say "get your battery checked"
I learn on my own through researching stuff. Sorry this test is not familiar to me, Or the op and went unexplained since July (moderator). My bad for trying. The op probably junked it. Maybe someone else will read it.
"Your bad" for leading anyone who reads this into confusion and wrong advice.
How do you read 11.v with no connection. I'm confused.
That is obvious. read post #6 again.
I have come a long way on my own but I won't claim to be perfect.
You should at least be moving towards perfect, not the other way.

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your looking for a short. Why don't you just say that? I would test it easily myself to see if it has amps to turn it over in the first place before you send someone on a wild goose chase for a short. One nice thing about text is that there is no arguing over what was said.

12/29
Go ahead and revoke my reply privileges, I can still edit previous posts. Can I speak to your manager? I want to help. I have never experienced a short that caused the engine to not turn over, so the battery is suspect to me... even new.

Maybe you could have said, I understand how you misunderstood what the "voltage drop test" because electronics are complicated or something.

Last edited:

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your looking for a short. Why don't you just say that?
If i was looking for a short i will. (are you typing under the infuence? stroke?)
I would test it easily myself to see if it has amps to turn it over in the first place before you send someone on a wild goose chase for a short.
LOL Read the first post again, OP got a new battery. This has been said multiple times thru out this thread. (only wild goose chase is yours)
One nice thing about text is that there is no arguing over what was said.
Yes and you need to go back and study, Everything you said in this thread could have been said in 4 words. "get your battery checked" but even that is a mute point since in the first post of this thread the Original Poster said they got a new battery.
After the battery you keep diagnosing by using the Voltage Drop Test to check the wires and connections between the NEW battery and the components that make the vehicle start.

I will not let you create confusion over my posts so PLEASE just stop.

chris032188

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. If i bypass the starter relay truck starts right up so I am thinking neutral safety or ignition switch, but I am not sure how to go about testing eithert.