New Expedition owner.. Rear air suspension out.. Need recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy Ray

Reaction score
So I'm a newbie owner. Just bought a beautiful 2010 Expedition EL Limited. The wife hit a pothole this afternoon and immediately she and my son heard a sound like air being released. The rear of the truck lowered and will not go back up. I've done all I know how to do on a Sunday afternoon/evening. I don't hear any compressor running. However, on one occasion driving it to see if the system would operate again, I heard a screaming/screeching noise that I'm guessing was the compressor. It's a beautiful vehicle and amazing ride but not without that suspension! Any recommendations, thoughts or similar experiences with advice are appreciated. Thanks

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ebay... coil adjustable ones should be available cheaply.
Haven't looked at 2010 ones but many are.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strutmasters and coilsprings.com or coiloversprings.com

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig. I love the air suspension in my 07. I'm sure you popped an airbag or a line somewhere. If you can't find it to fix it, you're options are kind of limited. You'll need to diagnose it first.

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trust me and go with the coil over shocks, they are very reasonable , to have Ford Rebuild my 2006 king ranch air ride shocks was $2800 and they constantly failed after that, I traded the vehicle because of the frustration!!
At first the front went down, then the rear sagged, then the pump acted up, Be done and go with coil over shocks.