New head unit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I got it from Phoenix automotive and was like $800. I wanted to upgrade from my sync1 to a sync3 system but was finding equipment to do it to be like $2600. Nope. I really just wanted to get apply car play so I could do maps and such.
I will say that I gave up on the apple carplay and just use the native Google Maps, Waze, and all the other Android compatible apps that I have installed. I do use YouTube in full video while I'm driving, the trick to doing this safely is to pay attention to the road. Most of the videos I watch now are often just some talking head anyway, so I'm not really distracted to watch the screen aside from changing channels. This fine Chinese unit laughs at the idea of blocking the video while you are driving. It couldn't care less if you crash.

I do use a Mobile WifI hotspot to provide ISP access to it. The Headunit can also connect to a ODB2 for Torque, or to my VioFO dash cam to view footage.

Do you have to hotspot to use maps apps? Or can they run offline?