New Idea----need help

FAQ Section???

• Add the Option

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Don't add, leave it alone

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After getting a PM from KWT2000 we came up with an idea that I think with the right help from fellow members we can limit the amount of similar posts....

So the concept was -- first identify some Frequently Asked Questions --

KWT2000 wanted to make a thread for Lift/Tire Options for all Generations.... so what I would like to do is make a Sticky and have a list for each generation of what lifts are available for each Gen... start with Stock and list what size tires fit without any lift including TT... then list what is the biggest size with minimal rub or no rubbing... then make a second list of tires for TT, then add BL, then 4" lift, 6"...ect (you get the idea)

Also come up with a list of other FAQ that you all would like to see... such as Gotts mod, programmers or anything that might be handy for people... I would like to limit the pointless posts in each thread like "I like that set-up"... keep all posts related to answering the FAQ....

Maybe Shaggy can make a new section under "New Member Intro" and have these FAQ there... that way its right up top for everyone to see.... my goal would be to limit the amount of duplicate posts and have all the facts right there.... we would still have the other sections for regular questions and comments but I would like to have a spot for answers for people to read...'

if we get the threads to were all the info is accurate to the best of our knowledge I will close the thread and have it read only and no posts into it unless you PM a mod....

So keep this thread going to see if we all would like it added and if so what FAQ would you like to see and do you like the option of locking it after the "facts" are posted??

This will not be the sticky.... this is to see if we would like to add this feature and which FAQ we would like to see..... if we like this I will ask for someone(s) to start a thread and we will add the info/pics and then (MODS) will review/edit until we like the thread and then close it....

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like the idea, and having it locked with all the facts should slow down the duplicate post

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't forget to list anything you would like to see covered under the FAQ

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. Supspension and Tire for all gen's

2. Gotts Mod.

3. the PO171 and PO174 write up

4. Tuner reviews

5. Body Lift how to

6. Spacer how to and Torsion Key how to

zets101

Reaction score
Compiling a troubleshooting thread would be great. It could be like I've seen on some other truck sites where it lists problems or codes and then everything that could cause the problem listed under it (like a checklist of parts to check, etc.).

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I'm gonna keep this thread alive for a little while longer.... then hopefully we can get some of these ideas rolling... but if anyone wants to begin making a thread feel free to start one... I will keep Lane24s thread for the P0171-P0174 in the future section but I will go through the link he has and only keep the actual info for the problem in there... as I said I want to make a thread with the info on the problems and keep the pointless posts out... and if any "new" info to the problems/questions warrant adding info to the threads it will have to be PM'd to a MOD and then added... so its right to the problem and no long pointless threads that cause people to have duplicate posts... any questions will have to be in the right section...

any other ideas feel free to post so we can build a nice FAQ section....

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok since us "mods" have our own section...lol.. :pepper: I have been approved to start a new section from Shaggy... so if anyone wants to make a thread let me know which one you would like to cover and start gathering all the info needed to make a thread for FAQ... I will be stealing Lane24's thread for the elbow problem and making it into one... basically I will post all the facts and eliminate the "other" posts in his links....

best thing to do if you would like to make a thread to be covered in the FAQ would be to type one up in a word document and then send it to me in a PM... once I have all the threads covered and ready to go I will ask Shaggy to open the new section and I will post the threads in there... then if anyone would like to add something I will I ask them to PM me and we will work on the threads until they are finished...

I will give the makers credit for the threads once they are posted... looking for someone to make a thread for

lifts available for each generation
What fits according to tire size with each list
Programmers Available and benefits of each

"How-To" for following: Body Lift, spark plug change, Gotts mod, brakes...

and finally Lanes write up for PO171 and PO174....

Remember these are to help eliminate duplicate posts and make it a "read-only" section (no other posting) so that the info can be available for others

so let me know if you wanna help out in any way... maybe get shaggy to change your "Full access Member" to "Technical Article Contributor" or something like that if he is able to

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. Supspension and Tire for all gen's

2. Gotts Mod.

3. the PO171 and PO174 write up

4. Tuner reviews

5. Body Lift how to

6. Spacer how to and Torsion Key how to

These are good I LIke #1 maybe also something on spark plug issues and what to do 1st and 2nd Gen.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would also suggest exhaust and we should compile all the vids so people know what they sound like IE straight pipes, flowmaster, glasspacks ect

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357