New Idea----need help

FAQ Section???

• Add the Option

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Don't add, leave it alone

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My plan is too have a whole new section for FAQ... near the top of the site and under FAQ will list the stuff that will be in the section... hoping everything will be right up top for everyone to see and look at... and will have info in a sticky that will say read this and if you still have a question post in appropriate section... but I like that everyone is putting in their .02... trying to make it into something everyone will like and help[ the site out

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting...that would be me REALLY contributing to the site...maybe once i get my routine down over here in iraq...also studying for next promotion...we study in the AF...unlike Army...LOL...

I remember those days... was supposed to test for Tech but got out of AF a few months before my test... o well... loving civilian life and some 9/11 GI Bill

hope ya make the test..

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thx NUTZ...i have ample time to study...now just have to get focused

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also a section on coil spring conversion. I have seen way too many times "can i just swap my air bags in the front out for gas shocks?" :badidea:
Even my trusted mechanic said that they usually buy coils for the back and put gas shocks up front because you dont really "need" coilovers... also a :badidea:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back spacing. Please don't forget back spacing with the info on wheels and tires.

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah there is a lot to do... just no time... classes, work, salmon fishing and in 2 weeks I'll be bow hunting...lol... so sorry to say my expy will take a back seat to deer...lol:joke:

turtlejoe

Reaction score
Definitely love the idea of a "what hits and what fits" kind of section - I was just looking for that over the weekend when I came upon this thread.

Maybe it's a ways down the list or timeline, but consider some sort of organization for the events section. Over on IFSJA.org (full size Jeeps) they have it separated regionally. Not saying it would work out that way over here, but I would think some sort of organization would make it easier to find things in your own neck of the woods. Or maybe it's just a "Members Events" and "Other Events" to separate trail rides and gatherings from car shows and such. One last thought - "Trip Reports" maybe? I would love to know trails others have been on and their impressions. Stock rig OK? Lifted? Narrow, wide, steep, severe pucker factor?

Like I said, maybe this is pretty far down the road or maybe it's not really of interest. Just wanted to offer a few thoughts and see if it spurs other ideas.

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
could the lift/tire size option part of it be made where the user can multi-click their options, then see the various tire sizes for whatever lift options they choose and whatever wheel size they choose.

i.e.
(1st Generation, new torsion keys, 2in. spacers, 3in. bodylift, 17in wheels)

Tire sizes avail.... 285/70, 285/65, 265/70,
and list the 4-5 tires from biggest to smallest

advanced options, like backspacing, wheel width, or being able to choose multiple search perimeters

maybe a list of commonly shopped expedition parts/acc. sites

make these free to search for people just cruising for info, leave the forums locked to viewing by members only.

I don't even know if these are good ideas, just what comes to mind, but I like to "throw the ball"

grandebob

Reaction score
I would add a glossary of terms. Things like "Torsion Keys" and other odd terms and abbreviations would be helpful.