New in North Carolina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LanceR

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm in Pinnacle, NC with a 2WD 2012 Expedition XLT EL that has 149K miles on it and gets a steady 18 MPG most of the time. It's our second Expedition after many years of F-350 duallys and it's our first 2WD truck in many years.

I'm retired from 29 years of combined Army and Army National Guard infantry service, a retired home builder and we sold our 87 acre Auburn, NY farm in 2017 and "retired" to our place in NC. I'm an EMT/Firefighter, still teach climbing and I'm an adjunct EMS instructor.

We have 6 kids, 10 grand kids and a **** dog who has us pretty well trained. We do a good bit of backpacking, canoe trips and camping.

After many years with big fifth wheel campers we thought we were through with campers but we bought a small 24' camper three years ago and have really been enjoying spending tie in the mountains with it. We're looking to upgrade to something in the 27-29' range so I'll have some questions over in the Gen 3 forum regarding towing capacity concerns.

Thanks and best regards to all,

Lance

rutger

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Lance! Salute to your service