New member check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lando_l44

Reaction score
New to the forum stuff. But i do need some help. I’m having rough idle issues in park and in gear. No check engine light is on and the idle gets much worse when the ac system is on. I checked both vacuum lines they seem to be connected properly. Already changed maf sensor and still having same issue. Could it be bad spark plug coil packs? I replaced one. Don’t know what else to look for or do. Should i just have it towed to a dealer? I also just replaced the radiator, could i have pulled something off somewhere out the fan shroud back? Please help

brotherbeard

Reaction score
I know this is months after your post but maybe it will help someone out there rough idle can be a multitude of things but in my experience on expeditions it very well could be a spark plug or coil pack as well as a vacuum leak double check all your lines and if you have a scan tool that allows you to watch live data watch your long term fuel trim it monitors how the computer adjusts the fuel to air ratio based on your O2 sensors ideally the values should be near zero so if they’re trending in positive values like 10 and up then the computer is sending more fuel which could indicate a vacuum leak or a issue with fuel delivery but if it’s trending in the negatives the O2 sensors are reading higher fuel levels in the exhaust which could mean a bad plug or coil pack if either of the 2 are beginning to go bad they’re performance could cause a mild misfire that the computer doesn’t pick up yet I know all this might give you more questions leading you down a rabbit hole but that’s the life of a ford owner