New Member Checking In

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broken knuckles

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I'm a new member and wanted to say hello. I'm an original Expedition owner since 2004 with 243,000 plus miles.

carid

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. Show us your Expedition when you can. Tons of great info here and full of good people that are more than happy to share their knowledge. Enjoy your time here.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I'm a new member and wanted to say hello. I'm an original Expedition owner since 2004 with 243,000 plus miles.
Hello and welcome but no point bothering to be here now because for some crazy reason they're restricting us and just closed the lounge.
So where are we supposed to talk about what we want to talk about... in other threads??
If we can't do it here we will simply do it elsewhere. But maybe that's what they want. Seems to be like they think we need them. Forums need us.

I think we have enough people trying to restrict us now and this really brushes the wrong way.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome but no point bothering to be here now because for some crazy reason they're restricting us and just closed the lounge.
So where are we supposed to talk about what we want to talk about... in other threads??
If we can't do it here we will simply do it elsewhere. But maybe that's what they want. Seems to be like they think we need them. Forums need us.

I think we have enough people trying to restrict us now and this really brushes the wrong way.

The constant political craziness was ruining the lounge on this automotive forum and anyone with differing opinions or who wanted to post about something else was squashed by the constant bs threads. The lounge wasn’t like this previously and is made to host civil discussions.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The constant political craziness was ruining the lounge on this automotive forum and anyone with differing opinions or who wanted to post about something else was squashed by the constant bs threads. The lounge wasn’t like this previously and is made to host civil discussions.
So. People don't have to read those posts if they don't want to.
Maybe we could just use the report function for posts that aren't pertinent.
There's only two people causing a problem in the forum with their daily cut and paste posts.

I certainly post a lot there but only because people or at least one person consistently quotes my comments to disagree with them or to try to "explain" it to me so I can "understand".

Most forums would do you one of two things:
Remove posts that are irrelevant or daily posted repetitions and/or Warren members who are disrespectful to other members or call them names and remove their posts and give them a timeout if they repeat the offense.
Repeat offenders are banned from the forum.

That's how every other forum I've seen handles it.
Some have a very low tolerance for being disrespectful to other members. You can have a polite disagreement but that's it. State your opinion and move on. Calling someone else names or criticizing them or even speaking to them in a derogatory or rude tone will get you a warning and then banned.
I'm not a fan of censorship but that's how it should be here. To prohibit us from being able to have civil discussions on off topics is completely ridiculous.
I believe all are adults here and if they can't control themselves enough to be respectful to others then they shouldn't be posting.
I have disagreed with plenty and with several people numerous times on here but I've never gone off the deep end name-calling and being disrespectful although with a couple numbers it's very hard to not when they refuse to allow others to have a different opinion.

So tell them to clean it up. No disrespectful arguing or name-calling. No cut and paste daily repetitive posts.
State your opinion and move on and let us continue discussing life.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So. People don't have to read those posts if they don't want to.
Maybe we could just use the report function for posts that aren't pertinent.
There's only two people causing a problem in the forum with their daily cut and paste posts.

I certainly post a lot there but only because people or at least one person consistently quotes my comments to disagree with them or to try to "explain" it to me so I can "understand".

Most forums would do you one of two things:
Remove posts that are irrelevant or daily posted repetitions and/or Warren members who are disrespectful to other members or call them names and remove their posts and give them a timeout if they repeat the offense.
Repeat offenders are banned from the forum.

That's how every other forum I've seen handles it.
Some have a very low tolerance for being disrespectful to other members. You can have a polite disagreement but that's it. State your opinion and move on. Calling someone else names or criticizing them or even speaking to them in a derogatory or rude tone will get you a warning and then banned.
I'm not a fan of censorship but that's how it should be here. To prohibit us from being able to have civil discussions on off topics is completely ridiculous.
I believe all are adults here and if they can't control themselves enough to be respectful to others then they shouldn't be posting.
I have disagreed with plenty and with several people numerous times on here but I've never gone off the deep end name-calling and being disrespectful although with a couple numbers it's very hard to not when they refuse to allow others to have a different opinion.

So tell them to clean it up. No disrespectful arguing or name-calling. No cut and paste daily repetitive posts.
State your opinion and move on and let us continue discussing life.

This forum hasn’t been handling it too bad, they aren’t censoring us and only stopping petty fights and name calling. The lounge was out of control and the threads were border line spam with constant bickering. When that censorship stuff starts is when I’ll raise h*ll with you. I’m a member at a boating forum in addition to this one and they are censoring anything to do with covid-19 even if it’s directly related to the industry. All threads are being trashed. Unacceptable and it won’t fly, I’ll gladly fight for freedom of speech on a forum with the caveat that the forum is actively censoring pertinent and relevant information related to the topic. They need us we certainly don’t need them lol, there’s 50 other boating and ford truck forums out there. Just keep it cool and be respectful I’m sure the lounge will be opened after the dust settles.

Last edited:

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This forum hasn’t been handling it too bad, they aren’t censoring us and only stopping petty fights and name calling. The lounge was out of control and the threads were border line spam with constant bickering. When that censorship stuff starts is when I’ll raise h*ll with you. I’m a member at a boating forum in addition to this one and they are censoring anything to do with covid-19 even if it’s directly related to the industry. All threads are being trashed. Unacceptable and it won’t fly, I’ll gladly fight for freedom of speech on a forum with the caveat that the forum is actively censoring pertinent and relevant information related to the topic. They need us we certainly don’t need them lol, there’s 50 other boating and ford truck forums out there. Just keep it cool and be respectful I’m sure the lounge will be opened after the dust settles.
I just don't see why they closed it. Seems fishy to me. Somebody got a memo!
It is censorship.
Preventing us -just a little for now- from communicating about certain things.
Anyone think this is OK??
No way.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't see why they closed it. Seems fishy to me. Somebody got a memo!
It is censorship.
Preventing us -just a little for now- from communicating about certain things.
Anyone think this is OK??
No way.

Happy Hour is still open in the lounge section. I just posted a new thread so let’s see what happens. Uh-oh, is JE taking on the establishment? lol.