New Member - Desperately need parts assistance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msg_jwilliams

Reaction score
Greetings everybody. I can certainly post this wherever else it may be helpful, but I am really hurting for a part. I have a 2007 EL Eddie Bauer with a dead transmission wiring harness (7L1Z-15525-BA) because it fell down on the exhaust and melted. The vehicle has now been sitting unused for going on two years because I cannot find a replacement harness for it through dealers or retail suppliers. Any assistance anybody can provide to find a replacement, at this point even a take off from another vehicle, would be great.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings everybody. I can certainly post this wherever else it may be helpful, but I am really hurting for a part. I have a 2007 EL Eddie Bauer with a dead transmission wiring harness (7L1Z-15525-BA) because it fell down on the exhaust and melted. The vehicle has now been sitting unused for going on two years because I cannot find a replacement harness for it through dealers or retail suppliers. Any assistance anybody can provide to find a replacement, at this point even a take off from another vehicle, would be great.

Original part (before revision / supplier change?): https://www.fordwholesalehq.com/oem-parts/ford-wire-assembly-7l1z15525aa

OP
OP
M

msg_jwilliams

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but that ends in AA, which is the 2WD harness. I double checked there for the 4WD one I need and it shows discontinued, just like everyplace else I check.

Concur on the junkyard, and that is what I have been working on. One of the biggest problems I have found is that when the junkyards pull the trans for reselling, they simply cut the harness and then throw away the small piece and connector left on the trans. So, the goal is to find a vehicle that has not had the trans pulled yet.

I did find a guy parting out an 07 on FB marketplace last night and he confirmed he had the harness available. However, he is several states away, wants $400 for the harness and will only take cash - I am NOT mailing $400 in cash and then hoping I do receive a part in return.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but that ends in AA, which is the 2WD harness. I double checked there for the 4WD one I need and it shows discontinued, just like everyplace else I check.
What about splicing it back together like @Motorcity muscle suggested?
If you solder connections and cover/w weatherproof heat shrink it would be better than before.

OP
OP
M

msg_jwilliams

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion on splicing, I overlooked that earlier. That is also a possibility. I am going to have the vehicle towed from the dealer, where it has been sitting forever, to my house and then I can remove the harness and see what I have to work with. I am hoping the connectors remain undamaged and I might be able to overlay the old wiring. I guess the biggest challenge there would be making sure I am using exactly the same gauge for each wire (I assume a different gauge with change resistance and throw off the electronics).

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the difference between the 2wd and 4wd harness? The transmission is the same, are the transfer case wires included in the burnt part? You could buy it and use the new wires to replace the burnt ones.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@msg_jwilliams I am not 100% sure of the damage your are dealing with, but splicing or making a harness seems like what I would do if I were in your position. Junk yards would be perfect, but seems like you have to be very lucky. All else fails, an automotive electric or custom classic shop would make something for you. There are several auto electric places around here, probably you too. I am sure it comes at a cost, but just so you know there is help out there if you need it.

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
Another vote for splicing here. I had to do something similar. Its a PIA, however, once done - NEVER had another issue.

old codger

Reaction score
You might try Ford Parts Giant, they maintain several warehouses for obsolete NOS Ford Parts, they have come to my rescue numerous times. You can check their site online but if part shows not in stock, call them anyway, for some unknown reason not all parts show in stock on line.