New member in San Diego

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_Neutron

Reaction score
I may be a new member but I've owned my 2002 5.4l 4x4 Eddie Bauer since 2004. Kind of a funny story how we ended up with the Expedition. Two weeks before we were to go on a skiing trip to Lake Tahoe our minivan was stolen, so we rented a Dodge Durango for the trip. On the way up there the transmission in the Durango died in Bishop (only 4K miles on the odometer.) After some discussion with Enterprise they had an Expedition available in Reno and agreed to truck it to us in Bishop on a flatbed. We finally made it to Tahoe 21 hours after we began the trip. The next day we went skiing at Homewood where I broke my knee that morning. Two days later my wife drove us back to San Diego in the Expedition in poor, snowy conditions for the first few hours of the trip. The Expedition, however, handled the poor conditions superbly and my wife was very confident driving it. Me, I was a grouch the entire trip. I did have room to comfortably stretch my leg out sitting in the back seat with the middle seat folded down. The Expedition is a great traveler. A year or so later we bought our own Expedition. I have no regrets. It's been a wonderful vehicle for us. Very, very dependable. We frequently tow a 25' travel trailer with it. It now has 246K miles on it and I'm hoping to keep it for a few more years yet, though it needs some mechanical work. I'm replacing the timing chains and guides in a couple of weeks and the transmission pump is beginning to complain. I'm clearing the garage for action.

Paul
IMG_0192.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze