New Member Tips on ordering from Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeM

Reaction score
New member but current 2017 Expedition Limited Max owner looking to buy a new 2022 or 2023 Expedition Limited Max.
Cant find what I want at the dealers without buying a whole lot of extras that I don't want
Looking at ordering from my local dealer Coconut Ford in SW Florida.
Any tips on ordering, or suggestions of dealers to order from ( or not to order from )
I'm not looking for anything to out of the ordinary...White , with black interior, or black with sandstone interior , 4x4 , HD Tow Package, Limited High package ( even though I am not sure about the on road ride on 22 inch tires as my 2017 has 20 's ) 2nd row split bench, auto stop delete .
Any suggestion, tips or recommendations ?
Thanks

Last edited:

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a couple: Get a copy of the order guide and go through it with a fine-tooth comb. Be sure to look at all the packages associated with the model you select as sometimes you can get more for your buck with a package of options than by going with a la carte ordering. When you're satisfied with your "deal," make sure that you receive a copy of a contract, and that it has been signed by an authorized dealer person. This will protect you from any price increases and having the dealer try to charge you the elevated price saying that you didn't have a "contract," only a "proposal." For what it's worth, have your order assigned a priority 10; it's the best you can get at the dealership level. Also tell the salesman to request a DORA in order to verify that the vehicle specified in your contract was actually ordered correctly. Finally, don't count on seeing the truck you've ordered for six months or so

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make certain that the dealer includes your email address in the order - you will get an email when it is ordered, and be able to verify the options ordered and track the process.

melackey

Reaction score
I had a 2003 Eddie Bauer, a 2012 XLT 203A (basically Eddie Bauer equivalent), and not have had a 2022 Limited Max 303A. I was also a bit concerned about the 22" wheels on the road.

I'm very happy with the on road performance and comfort of these 22" wheels. We'll see how I feel when I have to replace them.

Attachments

• Exp1.jpg
    Exp1.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Exp2.jpg
    Exp2.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 9

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are worried about the ride, you can upgrade to the Limited Stealth and then add the Continuous Controlled Damping with Suspension Road Preview. I added that on mine and love it. See if you can drive one at the dealer with the 22” wheels, and then drive a Platinum which comes standard with the CCD. There is a big difference over bumps. But that is a lot of money to change the ride.

Stsysar

Reaction score
I had really good experience with Mulinax Ford in West Palm Beach. You can talk to Shannon - she is really good. Tell her that Stan referred you. Generally, they will do MSRP and will honor any discounts available at the time of delivery. Ordered my 23 mid September and got it by mid January.

I have Limited Max high package. I like the ride with 22s better than my 2021 with 20" rims. I haven't tried the one with the CCD, but it was a hefty $$$ jump to upgrade.

Attachments

• 20230203_155239.jpg
    20230203_155239.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 4