New owner here with a few questions- 2019 Max Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koz19MaxPlat

Reaction score
Good morning everyone and thanks for the add. Greg from Long Island NY here. I just took delivery of a gently-used 2019 preowned max platinum in white, and am loving the first couple of days I've had with the vehicle.

I have a few questions for you as I'm starting to get used to the vehicle:

1) Is there any way to configure side mirrors to tilt down when placing the vehicle in reverse? My Suburban LT (16) did so and it was a great feature. For the time being I have preset 2 providing the same function with one press, but it's not automatic. Scanned the manual and didn't see anything.

2) I have some unwanted wind noise coming from the driver's side window. The truck only has 8400 miles on it. With such low mileage would this normally be covered?

3) Excessive rattle coming from vista roof every time I hit a bump. I am still troubleshooting same but I can't see or feel anything loose upon first inspection. Is this something that others have dealt with?

4) Will the mobile hotspot work with T-Mobile plans? What I've seen thus far references AT&T.

5) MPG- I've seen some posters here indicate that they are getting near 500 MPG on a full tank with nothing in tow. This may sound silly but with a full tank, at highway speed, my range never increases above 340 miles. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any information or thoughts you may have!

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1) no, but just go ahead and press the camera icon above your touchscreen - 360 view works great for this.
4) no, I think if you want a different provider you can get adapters that plug in under your dash but I think the modem is AT&T only and I'm not aware of a place to swap a SIM card.
5) Running a full 28.3 gallon tank to empty would be only about 17.6mpg, so certainly seems like it would be fairly commonplace to get 500 miles if you drive 100% highway. However that estimate is based on recent driving habits, so it likely won't ever show 500 miles, the future depends on you getting on a highway and throwing on the cruise! Unless there's an issue preventing decent mileage. I also doubt people who get this mileage run 75-80mph, you'd probably need to be under 70mph to get that range.

OP
OP
K

Koz19MaxPlat

Reaction score
1) no, but just go ahead and press the camera icon above your touchscreen - 360 view works great for this.
4) no, I think if you want a different provider you can get adapters that plug in under your dash but I think the modem is AT&T only and I'm not aware of a place to swap a SIM card.
5) Running a full 28.3 gallon tank to empty would be only about 17.6mpg, so certainly seems like it would be fairly commonplace to get 500 miles if you drive 100% highway. However that estimate is based on recent driving habits, so it likely won't ever show 500 miles, the future depends on you getting on a highway and throwing on the cruise! Unless there's an issue preventing decent mileage. I also doubt people who get this mileage run 75-80mph, you'd probably need to be under 70mph to get that range.
MW thanks so much for your response. Greatly appreciated.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good morning everyone and thanks for the add. Greg from Long Island NY here. I just took delivery of a gently-used 2019 preowned max platinum in white, and am loving the first couple of days I've had with the vehicle.

1) Is there any way to configure side mirrors to tilt down when placing the vehicle in reverse? My Suburban LT (16) did so and it was a great feature. For the time being I have preset 2 providing the same function with one press, but it's not automatic. Scanned the manual and didn't see anything.

2) I have some unwanted wind noise coming from the driver's side window. The truck only has 8400 miles on it. With such low mileage would this normally be covered?

3) Excessive rattle coming from vista roof every time I hit a bump. I am still troubleshooting same but I can't see or feel anything loose upon first inspection. Is this something that others have dealt with?

4) Will the mobile hotspot work with T-Mobile plans? What I've seen thus far references AT&T.

5) MPG- I've seen some posters here indicate that they are getting near 500 MPG on a full tank with nothing in tow. This may sound silly but with a full tank, at highway speed, my range never increases above 340 miles. Am I missing something?

1) So technically some folks have been able to do this with Forscan and reprogramming the mirrors to act like the Navi, but every time I tried this is caused issues so I reverted back to stock. I also read many places that only the Drivers mirror will do it, not both. Super stupid for a vehicle this expensive and large, my grand cherokee 2 models back did that (1998).

2) I've found that most of the weather stripping on these is pretty crappy. In many places it barely makes contact between the two surfaces. Double check all of the weather stripping around the door and try pulling the door shut more while driving, see if it seals better. I had a piece missing on one door, so take yours if you can and compare it to another brand new one, just to eye ball if there are any missing pieces. I have one piece that's not making contact well, I was considering trying to get it replaced under warranty, but otherwise you could try cramming a 1/4" piece of rolled foam insulation inside the weather stripping to see if it makes better contact.

3) Could be a lot of things, I just did a long trip for the first time with ski racks on and got an annoying rattle. From the looks of it, the center mount of my roof rails is loose on one side. Rattles if I bang on it. As for the moonroof, these are unfortunately plastic, and a lot of folks have had issues with parts cracking. Its possible the track is broken. Should be under warranty though, but make sure you know how to reproduce it or you'll get the usual "can't reproduce issue" response.

OP
OP
K

Koz19MaxPlat

Reaction score
1) So technically some folks have been able to do this with Forscan and reprogramming the mirrors to act like the Navi, but every time I tried this is caused issues so I reverted back to stock. I also read many places that only the Drivers mirror will do it, not both. Super stupid for a vehicle this expensive and large, my grand cherokee 2 models back did that (1998).

2) I've found that most of the weather stripping on these is pretty crappy. In many places it barely makes contact between the two surfaces. Double check all of the weather stripping around the door and try pulling the door shut more while driving, see if it seals better. I had a piece missing on one door, so take yours if you can and compare it to another brand new one, just to eye ball if there are any missing pieces. I have one piece that's not making contact well, I was considering trying to get it replaced under warranty, but otherwise you could try cramming a 1/4" piece of rolled foam insulation inside the weather stripping to see if it makes better contact.

3) Could be a lot of things, I just did a long trip for the first time with ski racks on and got an annoying rattle. From the looks of it, the center mount of my roof rails is loose on one side. Rattles if I bang on it. As for the moonroof, these are unfortunately plastic, and a lot of folks have had issues with parts cracking. Its possible the track is broken. Should be under warranty though, but make sure you know how to reproduce it or you'll get the usual "can't reproduce issue" response.
Thanks very much for the feedback 5280! I appreciate your having taken the time.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the weather stripping issue, some (myself included) have used black silicone tubing and inserted it inside the existing bulb weather stripping around the door. This provides more consistent contact. Another option is to adjust the hinges and door striker so that the weather stripping seals tighter.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Actual range or computed range? If your actual range is 340 on the highway, something is definitely wrong. If it’s the computed range, that is based on recent history. On a long road trip, it will get up there, but after a few city tanks, it will be low. Sometimes it’s fun to watch how slowly it gives down on a road trip when it started with a low estimate.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. See post #10 of this thread by @AAOO.

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/auto-reverse-tilt-side-mirrors.41561/

2. You could try lubing the weatherstripping for starters.

3. There is a TSB for moonroof creaking. It involves lubing the weatherstripping for both the front and rear moonroof.

4. only at&t to my knowledge

5. It depends on how your last tank was as well as your current fuel mileage on the existing tank. If you don’t have a max, your tank is a few gallons smaller.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

#3 - https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169880-0001.pdf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkxr4