New owner here with a few questions- 2019 Max Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Regrding the rattle from the panoramic roof - assuming it's the same issue I experienced (and it drove me crazy for months). It's coming from metal-on-metal contact. Remove the rubber harmonica trim that expands when the roof is open in the vent position. You should be able to just pull on it gently towards you and it comes off. The rubber harmonica trim is on both sides of the front roof (left and right). You'll need to open the shade first of course.

After you remove the harmonica trim, you'll see metal bolts (torx bit). I believe there are for or five of them. You'll want to torque them tight. Mine were a little loose causing the metallic sound to be heard anytime I hit a bump.

I eventually ended-up inserting rubber washers on these bolts to soften the contact. My rattle disappeared instantly.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My sunroof occasionally rattles when we’ve had a big temp change. I just open the vent, it makes a loud THUNK, and I close it again. Then I’m good to go until Texas weather loses its mind again and swings 30 degrees in a day.

I assume the glass just flexes less than the aluminum roof and it needs to re-seat itself. I’ve been doing that for three years now and it always corrects any rattling it creaking.

Grizguy

Reaction score
I drive 80 MPH on the interstate every day.. YES expect 500 plus miles on a tank.. on the highway... I made it from north wast PA to central Mississippi with one stop.. Both on the way there and on the way back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants