New Platinum Gripes - HELP! - SYNC 4A Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone shed some light on some of these things for me please because they are already driving me nuts.

SYNC 4A 15.5" System on new 2022 Platinum with 1k miles so far.

- Blue Cruise will not activate Hands Free (trying to get update from Ford) and constantly reminds me to grab the wheel.
- Turned off seatbelt screen notification yet it constantly pops up on the dash.
- Changeable gauges either don't remain what I changed them to or they completely disappear altogether.
- Navigating the dash is a complete mess
- Main Menu options pop up on dash every time I get into the truck despite me using the same option every time I get out.
- Main Menu options change to whatever the truck decides that day.
- Both running boards deploy regardless of what door is opened.
- Im sure there are more and I either forgot and or haven't found them yet.

Oh and there are no OTA updates available... Anyone else having these issues?

Last edited:

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone shed some light on some of these things for me please because they are already driving me nuts.

- Blue Cruise will not activate Hands Free (trying to get update from Ford) and constantly reminds me to grab the wheel.
If you can’t get it to update over the air bring it to the dealer they can do it for you.

- Turned off seatbelt screen notification yet it constantly pops up on the dash.
Yes. Not a glitch it only stops the chime. Not the display.

- Changeable gauges either don't remain what I changed them to or they completely disappear altogether.
Yes. Glitch that needs an update.

I don’t have that issue.

- Main Menu options pop up on dash every time I get into the truck despite me using the same option every time I get out.
It should default to previous view unless you clicked on the menu.

Never had this issue.

Yes. Semi-feature semi-flaw. Most don’t like it. Also the extended timer option doesn’t work. Known glitch.

Yes. Several more, like phone adjusting dash display if you don’t use Apple car play.

Depends which version you have. If it’s the latest. Then yes. That’s correct.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sucks for your troubles. The screen was one ofnthe reasons the wife and i preferred the navigator.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score

There is a TSB 22-2494 on the Blue Cruise. Your dealer can update at no charge. It relates to an invalid expiration date of BlueCruise
Seatbelt notification (individual belt notification) is a government mandate, not an Expedition thing.. You can turn off the chime, but not the display.
My gauges don't stay either.
My Instrument Panel display occasionally shows a main menu at start up...usually after it sits a couple of days with no driving.
Both running boards deploy with any door being opened. Not sure if due to a chip shortage, but previous years were independent and deployed only on the side where the door was opened.
My last OTA update was on November 9th. Nothing since

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Is it on a qualified highway?
You can't sadly.
You should be able to change them through the screen, they should stay that way though.
Can't really help you. Big learning curve.

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So hopefully this reply touches the majority of replies so far (and thank you for your insight)

- Yes I am on qualified hwys (i75 and i4 mostly)
- Actually just called local Ford dealership and they searched for recalls and never mentioned anything about a TSB... which I would assume would flag when someone looks for recalls.
- I figured the seatbelt chime would remain constant as a DOT requirement but not the display. Regardless of what is turned on or off, they both still happen, even at relatively unnecessary times. For example, I just had my windows tinted and had to open my door to talk to the guy at the entrance gate. As soon as the door opens, the dash shows me the seat belt display... I guess just confirming I'm still wearing a seatbelt? I mean come on.... that can't be a DOT requirement.

- An additional piece I noticed is that in my 2019 Platinum, if you opened the door while moving under a specific speed, the truck would automatically shift to park. I actually liked this feature yet the new one does not do that.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So hopefully this reply touches the majority of replies so far (and thank you for your insight)

- Actually just called local Ford dealership and they searched for recalls and never mentioned anything about a TSB... which I would assume would flag when someone looks for recalls.
- I figured the seatbelt chime would remain constant as a DOT requirement but not the display. Regardless of what is turned on or off, they both still happen, even at relatively unnecessary times. For example, I just had my windows tinted and had to open my door to talk to the guy at the entrance gate. As soon as the door opens, the dash shows me the seat belt display... I guess just confirming I'm still wearing a seatbelt? I mean come on.... that can't be a DOT requirement.

- An additional piece I noticed is that in my 2019 Platinum, if you opened the door while moving under a specific speed, the truck would automatically shift to park. I actually liked this feature yet the new one does not do that.
Try another Ford dealer. This is a Technical Service Bulletin, not a Recall. I'm attaching the TSB info.

Attachments

• TSB22-2494.pdf
    740.6 KB · Views: 22

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

seatbelt chime can be disabled, it's in the manual the steps to take to do that. as for the display, it does not disable, it will always show up. It's not a DOT requirement, it's a safety feature to ensure you have a seatbelt on before the car is moving. There are numerous studies on how repetitive annoying things like alerts and sounds etc. drive up the adoption of seatbelt usage.

I'm not sure why you would want your truck to shift into park if it was moving at any speed? You're going to damage the transmission. Always come to a stop before shifting gears or shifting to park. Good the new one doesn't do it, prevents people from causing damage.

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you would want your truck to shift into park if it was moving at any speed? You're going to damage the transmission. Always come to a stop before shifting gears or shifting to park. Good the new one doesn't do it, prevents people from causing damage.

Well take into consideration how many people stop their cars and get out without putting it in park... this would eliminate that problem. Im not talking about doing 20mph or even 10... Not sure why someone would wanna slam their vehicle into park either but this could be a safety feature.
I had thought about it a long time ago for emergency vehicles, especially when police need to jump out fast and forget to park their cruiser... now they don't have to worry about it.

PS... I really hope you don't come to a complete stop before shifting into 2-10 or back down... pretty sure that would damage your transmission too. lol

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well take into consideration how many people stop their cars and get out without putting it in park... this would eliminate that problem. Im not talking about doing 20mph or even 10... Not sure why someone would wanna slam their vehicle into park either but this could be a safety feature.
I had thought about it a long time ago for emergency vehicles, especially when police need to jump out fast and forget to park their cruiser... now they don't have to worry about it.

PS... I really hope you don't come to a complete stop before shifting into 2-10 or back down... pretty sure that would damage your transmission too. lol

Yes, I meant come to a stop before shifting into park, drive, or reverse.

As for the “feature” it will apply the emergency break if your foot is removed from the break with the door open and seatbelt unfastened. As least that’s what the manual says.