New Project Expedition riddled with problems. Build Thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bt93

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2007 expedition with 205k miles as a project second vehicle. I have lots of experience with the 03-04 expedition as I've had 4 of them but very little with the 4th gen. I have a ton of mods planned for this thing.

The list of problems goes

1. totally rotten rockers
2. No blower motor function in front
3. Rear blower fan broken
4. Parasidic Draw causing battery to die over night
5. hood paint peeling
6. hatch paint peeling
7. Chrome grille finish is toast
8. front emblem toast
9. heater hose leak

I have already replaced the resistor in the front but now it cycles on high but blows constant on lower speeds???

IMG_1847.jpg

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
I removed the rear blower fan by pulling the panels back and removing the 4 8mm screws to find this. Replaced it with one from oriellys for $22.

IMG_1854.jpg

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
Grille Scuffed and painted Oxford white dupli color rattle can and cleared with Transtar Jammin clear-rattle can.

IMG_1855.jpg

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
I sanded the bad spots down on the hood then primed them. Painted pics to follow.

IMG_1857.jpg

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
I just ordered a rough country 2.5" lift part number 570 for the front and an ebay 2" lift for the rear.

s-l500.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rocker panels are crap on the 07-17’ trucks and they all rot out eventually. Fords design hold moisture and let’s salt in, I have new rockers but have yet to install. The hood and tailgate will bubble again it might stay smooth for a year or so the aluminum panel has iron contamination no amount of sanding and paint will stop the bubbling......it’s easier to just live with it or put a hood deflector on. Painted grille looks nice keep up the updates.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your truck is not riddled with problems at all. It’s got 205k miles on it and looks like it’s doing good to me.

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
Its got a lot of problems but it is to be expected for the miles. lol

Here's the hood after I painted, blended and cleared it. All rattle can stuff. Ive still got to wetsand and buff it

IMG_1860.jpg